The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a “no sail order” towards the beginning of the global health crisis. The order prohibits cruise ships from sailing and meant to help prevent the spread of illnesses.
The CDC has extended the order three times since March and it is currently set to expire on October 31st, 2020. In anticipation of the order expiring, cruise companies like Carnival Cruise Line have scheduled sailings for the end of 2020. The CDC warns that it’s still too early to schedule cruise departures.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website has issued a level 3 warning for all cruise ship travel. This is the highest-level warning and states that all non-essential travel should be avoided and “recommends that travelers defer all cruise travel worldwide.”
The CDC reasons that “cruises highlight the risk of infections to cruise passengers and crew. Like many other viruses, COVID-19 appears to spread more easily between people in close quarters aboard ships and boats. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, there remains a risk of infected passengers and crew on board cruise ships.” Despite the increased warning, the CDC has yet to extend the order past October 31st.
Additionally, the new warning has yet to cause Carnival Cruise Line to cancel future sailings. We’ll continue to monitor the CDC’s response to the global health crisis and how it affects the cruise industry.
- NEWS! Disney Cruise Line Extends Cancelations of Itineraries Through January 2021
- NEWS: CDC Moves Cruise Travel Into a New, Higher Risk Level 4 Category
- A Look Back at What Could Have Been: The S.S. Disney
- NEWS: Disney Announces Debut Dates For Its Three New Ships and Shares More Cruising Updates
- PHOTOS: See What the Renovated Disney Cruise Line Terminal in Port Canaveral Looks Like Now!
- NEWS! Disney Cruise Line Cancels All Departures Through 2020
- Disney Cruise Line Set to Reclassify Certain Staterooms in 2022
- NEWS: The Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Has Canceled Sailings Through the End of November
- NEWS: CDC Extends the No Sail Order, Delaying Cruise Departures Further
- White House Plans to Extend No-Sail Order Affecting Disney Cruise Line and Others Until the End of October
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!