Call us sentimental, but we remember the first time we set foot on “the wildest ride in the wilderness” during our trips to the Magic Kingdom as a youngin’!
While we’ve been able to continue going back time after time (and even introduce our friends and family members to the coaster), today marks the 40th anniversary of Big Thunder Mountain in the parks! And, we feel like celebrating by hopping onto our mine train AND picking up all the new merchandise that has hit the shelves for the occasion.
As you make your way over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, you’re going to want to take a second to stop into the Frontierland Trading Post to check out the official 40th anniversary merchandise for the attraction just inside!
We’re fans of matching our MagicBands to our park outfits for the day. In honor of the anniversary, you can add a little rustic flair to your wardrobe featuring the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad MagicBand! The wood-colored band features the Big Thunder logo and train tooting through the rocks for $29.99.
But, you can also snag the Big Thunder Mountain 40th Anniversary Pin to go along with it! Mickey is chugging along through the canyon as the train’s conductor, admiring the fossils and other sights that the mountain has to offer for $17.99.
After reading this shirt, we can just hear the overhead announcement detailing the health and safety measures of the ride before greeting us to go on “the wildest ride in the wilderness!”
The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Anniversary Shirt is quite the cutie and looks like it’s straight out of an old Western movie for $29.99. Who else wants to rep their favorite ride in all of Frontierland wearing this?
Even if you aren’t in the parks, you can still take a bit of the heart and soul of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad wherever you go with the new anniversary phone case!
And, we’re pretty sure that it would match SUPER well with that Big Thunder MagicBand, so you can complete the look for $29.99.
From the bottom of our hearts, we LOVE Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! And, we can’t wait to see the attraction stay in the Magic Kingdom for many years to come. In the meantime, we’ll just keep riding it back to back in Disney World to celebrate its anniversary!
Take a look at ALL the Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction merchandise inspired by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad here!
What is your favorite attraction to visit when you’re in the Magic Kingdom? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney Merchandise Update
- The Disney Store is Now Offering Free Mickey Ears With Purchase At Select Locations!
- Our Dreams Are Coming True with the Disney X Danielle Nicole Cinderella Crossbody!
- Look Like the 1,000th Happy Haunt Wearing Disney’s New Haunted Mansion Outerwear!
- Here’s When You Can Grab Disney’s Haunted Mansion Main Attraction Collection Online Without a MerchPass!
- We Found the Perfect Spirit Jersey to Wear During Your Upcoming Marathon of ‘The Mandalorian’!
- SURPRISE! We Didn’t Expect to Find This Halloween Merchandise in Disney World Today!
- Check Out BoxLunch’s Big Disney Sale and NEW Marvel Merch!
- NEW Disney Masks Are Coming Soon to These Two Stores!
- Disney’s New Madame Leota Decoration TALKS…We’re DEAD Serious!
- Cuddle Alert! Disney Cuddleez Pillows Are Now Available at Target!