As Disney World continues to move forward on many of its projects, there are changes happening around the property to aid with the construction progress.
Since Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will be re-themings its guest rooms to a Moana-inspired design as it’s closed through Summer 2021, the resort will be reducing some of its experiences at the moment in preparation for the refurbishment.
According to a Cast Member on the Disney World website, the Polynesian Village Resort Monorail Station will be closing at the resort towards the beginning of October. One of the perks of staying at the Polynesian is the ability for guests to take the Monorail directly to Magic Kingdom. However, with the Grand Floridian Walkway in its finishing stages and transportation open, there will still be other ways for guests to get around to the parks.
While the Villas and Bungalows will remain open at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort throughout this time, the Cast Member we spoke with said that the Monorail Station will likely be closed through the rest of the year. The Cast Member didn’t have information on when it would be back open to guests in 2021, but we’ll keep checking back for more information!
As we keep making our way around a reopened Disney World, we’ll show you all the details on the construction progress happening around the property! And, if you have any questions about how the Monorail closure may affect your visit to Disney World, let us know so we can give you the answers you need!
What’s your favorite form of Disney Transportation? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World