Today’s Quarterly Earnings Call shed some light on Disney’s current financial standings amidst the global pandemic. From a $3.5 billion loss in operating revenue from the park closures worldwide to the official release of Mulan coming to Disney+ in September, we heard a ton of interesting information!
But as much as we learned today, there was just as many things that we did NOT glean from today’s call. Here are some things from Disney Parks we STILL don’t have any answers for!
One of the biggest announcements from Disney’s previous Earnings Call was the official reopening of Shanghai Disneyland, the first park to welcome Guests back after the global pandemic forced the closure of Disney Parks worldwide. So, some may have been waiting to hear a major update regarding the status of Disneyland, which has delayed its opening indefinitely.
Unfortunately, we will have to wait a bit longer before we hear any updates concerning the only remaining Disney Park that has yet to reopen (keep in mind that while Hong Kong Disneyland did reopen back in May, it was forced to re-close soon after).
Updates on EPCOT’s Transformation
Ahead of EPCOT’s 40th Anniversary in 2022, Disney announced a series of massive transformations coming to the park. Most of these announcements were made at 2019’s D23 Expo. Since the closures, Disney has pulled several of these projects, including the unnamed Mary Poppins-themed attraction in World Showcase as well as the supposed two-year-long closure and refurbishment of Spaceship Earth.
Disney’s $3.5 billion loss from the park closures may have signaled big changes coming to the planned transformation at EPCOT, but no information was provided in today’s call.
Splash Mountain’s Historic Re-Imagining
Soon before Magic Kingdom reopened, Disney announced that Splash Mountain would be re-imagined in both Disney World and Disneyland to Princess and the Frog. At the time of the announcement, Disney had stated that the original version of the attraction would reopen with the two parks, and that the renovation would begin at a later date.
Those listening in to today’s call may have wondered if more information would be provided regarding Splash Mountain, but for now, Disney is keeping us in the dark.
Avengers Campus’ Opening Timeline
Because of Disneyland’s continued delay in its reopening, questions have been raised regarding the timing of Avengers Campus opening in Disney California Adventure. Earlier this year during the closures, Disney had quietly updated the Avengers Campus page on their site from the previously announced opening date (July 18th, 2020) to “Coming Soon.”
Since no information was provided regarding Disneyland’s opening timeline, we did not get any updates on how this has impacted the opening of Avengers Campus, either.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure’s Opening Date
The next anticipated opening in Disney World is Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in EPCOT. This project was perhaps the furthest along when the parks closed in mid-March, and we had wondered if the attraction’s opening would be impacted, and by how much.
While the ride’s “Opening Summer 2020” sign was removed, indicated a delay, we still have no further information regarding an updated opening timeline for the ride and for its accompanying dining location it the France Pavilion, La Crêperie de Paris.
We will continue to keep you updated with any further developments, along with any additional news regarding these changes coming to the Disney Parks!
What is YOUR biggest unanswered question from today’s Earnings Call? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!