Since Disney World has had to completely change how the parks operate after the closures, we’ve come back to different set of rules, regulations, and guidelines for guests and Cast Members.
While we’ve seen brand new Character Cavalcades and even lower wait times, Disney has also set health and safety guidelines in place for everyone to follow. Although temperature checks and distancing markers are the recent norm for theme parks, so is the requirement of face masks.
Disney has previously stated that face coverings are required for everyone on property. The only times that guests are able to take their masks off are when they are visiting a relaxation station or they are eating or drinking. However, since the parks have reopened, Disney has been updating its guidelines in accordance with the evolving situation.
According to Disney’s latest update, guests are still able to take their masks off when they are eating or drinking. However, now they must be “stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing” when they’re doing so.
A Cast Member at Guest Relations confirmed this update to the face mask policy. We were also told that the parks have put out more outdoor seating for guests to kick back and relax before exploring the rest of the park.
As Disney World continues to make changes during the initial reopening, we’ll make sure to give you all the details you need to know before your next vacation!
Have you been back to Disney World yet? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World