Reviews of Polynesian Deluxe Studios (Disney Vacation Club)

Complete information including FAQ, photos and videos: http://allears.net/acc/faq_polynesian-village-dvc.htm

Reviewed by disneymom35 Review Date: 11/17/2015

I waited my entire adult life to stay at the Poly, but that was the old Poly, the one with the magnificent waterfall and foliage in the lobby. Don't get me wrong, it is a pretty resort. The transportation options are great. A short walk to the TTC and you can jump on the Epcot monorail. There's a relaxing water taxi to get you to the MK. Kona Cafe is a great hidden secret, but you do need to get reservations. Drinks on the pineapple lanai were perfect (Trader Sam's was over capacity).

Pool area was okay. We actually had a mother and father leave their three kids who looked to be around 5 to 7 years old by themselves and then didn't come back for them for well over an hour. Hot tub was usually either closed or full with children.

Unfortunately, part of what used to be a great beach view is now obstructed by the new 2-bedroom DVC villas.

We stayed in Pago Pago. Everything was new but kind of felt "cheap." Also, we were not only able to hear several neighbors toilets flushing, we could hear our next door neighbor's muffled conversations, as well as anytime anyone walked across the floor upstairs (or ran). If someone was on the balcony either upstairs or to the side, it sounded as if they were actually in our room. And that's why it only gets an 8, because I associate the Polynesian with relaxation and peacefulness and it was definitely not either of those.

Pros:

Transportation options

Cons:

Thin walls/ceilings/noisy

Reviewed by Big Picture Review Date: 10/19/2015

We enjoyed a fantastic week here. We were in the Tokelau building, toward the end of the building closest to the Magic Kingdom. A few steps to the 3rd floor balcony provided the best view of the MK fireworks I've ever seen (including the view from California Grill at the Contemporary).

Everything about this resort was spectacular. Aside from the fantastic room with the double bath/shower setup, which was excellent, we also enjoyed Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, Kona Café, getting a Dole Whip at Pineapple Lanai, and the Spirit of Aloha Luau. In other words, we spent more time at the resort than usual because we really enjoyed just being there and soaking it all in.

Tokelau was a great building, with views of the Magic Kingdom, proximity to the TTC for EPCOT monorail access, proximity to the boat launches fro the Magic Kingdom, proximity to the bus stop for trips to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, and the Ceremonial House for everything else.

We usually stay at a moderate (Port Orleans: French Quarter for the win!), so we knew this was going to be more expensive, but the value for the cost was still pretty good.

We got a good deal on the room (considering it's a monorail resort) when we booked it, probably because of the ongoing construction in the central area, where it looks like they're putting in a quiet pool and some other amenities.

The construction was only a minor inconvenience - we never heard the construction when we were in our room, and the extra few feet we had to walk around the construction area were no big deal.

Not really a positive or a negative, just an observation: the curtains in our room, when pulled completely closed, might have been a little too effective. They let it no sunlight at all. Waking up at 7:30 a.m. on a bright sunny day, the ambient light in the room would convince you it was the dead of night. We started leaving the curtains slightly open just so we'd know the sun still rose every day!

Pros:

Location, Monorail Access, Ambience, Cleanliness, Comfort, Proximity to the TTC for EPCOT Monorail

Cons:

Ongoing construction made getting from the Great Ceremonial House to our building a little longer than it would have been otherwise, but it was a very minor inconvenience.

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 09/12/2015

We stayed here for one night on 8/17. We are DVC members, and a family of 6, so had to book 2 studios to accommodate all of us. We had never stayed here before, and were pretty excited about trying something new.

We were in Tokelau, bottom floor, standard view. We were facing the construction of the new pool. It wasn't loud, but again, we were only there for one night before switching over the AKV for the rest of our stay. Noise was not a problem. Fortunately we were granted our request of connecting rooms. They were beautiful, really. Loved the decor and the split bathrooms.

I can only say that while I enjoyed it here, it is definitely not on my favorite resort list. I miss the option of a 2br villa, allowing my family to stay in one room. We tend to stay 9 nights in the summer, and for a trip that long I want my full kitchen and especially my washer and dryer. I also was disappointed in the pool area. It was very, very crowded. Finding a table/chairs for six of us was not easy. Resort refillable mugs are a pain here: there is no refill station at the pool, and the bartenders won't refill them either. You have to go to Captain Cook's. Well, my son was all wet, and Capt. Cook's is a decent little walk from the pool. This didn't really seem fair. My DH went and got my son a soda, but really, for the price of those mugs, it shouldn't be so hard to fill them here.

The transportation options here are great, but I'm not sure how soon we'll be back.

Reviewed by joplin Review Date: 09/07/2015

First time staying in the new Polynesian DVC. Room layout is impressive. Disney's attention to detail and quality is seen throughout this new area. Thank you WDW!!!!

Pros:

Room design, location, dining and recreation

Cons:

Construction until next year

Reviewed by melitodezan Review Date: 08/31/2015

I have always loved the Poly and am super excited that it is a part of DVC! I lucked out and was able to book 3 nights in the middle of August in a standard view studio. I requested and received the 3rd floor. We were in the Pago Pago building, which is the closest to the parking lot and the TTC. We were 2 adults, a 13 yr old and a 7 yr old. The size of the room is awesome. Even with the murphy bed and the sofa out, I still felt I had room. The split bathroom is fantastic and HUGE! I can't wait until the rest of the DVC renovations are done at Poly, including the pool area so that there is access to another, closer pool. Pago Pago is the first building off the path to the TTC, and it was more convenient to walk there to take the monorail or the ferry to MK. I actually enjoyed it more than the Grand Floridian Studio, which I also liked and stayed at during our recent vacation.

Pros:

size of room, split bathroom, close to TTC

Reviewed by scava Review Date: 07/13/2015

Just returned from 10 day vacation at Poly studio. This is a beautiful location & I am so happy that DVC has added to our choices!! The studio is very spacious, we were 2 adults, a 14yo & 11yo no issues with storage plenty of room to store luggage & we had 4 suitcases & 2 golf bags Loved the split bathroom which gave us plenty of time to get ready!! Transportation was very easy, we were in Morea bldg. so short walk to TTC and 5 minute to main bldg. Took monorail to MK to change to bus when going to other resorts at night for dinner & returning just as easy as back to MK then hop on monorail. The only thing I thought at first would be an issue is our room was near the ferry dock & the horn starts early but after 1st day I didn't notice & missed that sound when I came home!!
I would highly recommend this location & cant wait to go back!!!

Pros:

LOCATION!!!!