Reviews of Disney Junior Play 'N Dine at Hollywood & Vine

View Menus at Hollywood and Vine Dining Location

Breakfast Menu

Read more about Hollywood & Vine including links to menus and reviews here: http://allears.net/dining/location/hollywood-and-vine

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Characters that may appear (subject to change): Roadster Racer Goofy, Jake from the Neverland Pirates, Princess Sofia, and Doc McStuffins

Reviewed by DisneyFamily Review Date: 06/20/2016

This used to be one of our favorites, but I have to report that due to our most recent visit in April, we will select a different character meal until the menu changes. We used to love the food here and the kids loved the character interaction. The food was literally so salty, that I could not eat it. We had been here in December and food was great. When I asked the CM if something had changed since then, she was a bit snippy. We'll stick with 50's Prime Time when in Hollywood Studios now.

P.S. The increase in price at this location for "dinner" at lunch time put me over the edge on this one.

Pros:

Characters for little ones

Cons:

food was incredibly salty, no longer worth the price

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 03/11/2016

The chef came out and walked the buffet. We were in the first seating of lunch, so everything was fresh/ The only choice for dessert was a GF brownie. The brownies were good, but only option.

Pros:

Good selection on buffet

Cons:

Poor dessert choices for Gluten allergies

Reviewed by mishawnam Review Date: 02/18/2016

This was our second time dining here for lunch. My 4 year old loved it here on our last visit the year before that she asked to dine here again. After checking in we only waited about 5 minutes before being seated. The food was just as good as we remembered. Nice salad and fruit selection. The buffet has a nice variety. I personally loved the bbq meatballs and corn casserole. Everything we tried was delicious. You can't beat the dessert buffet. Loved watching the chocolate fountain. The chocolate covered strawberries are amazing. Tip: my little is a big fruit eater, you can ask for any of the fruit at the dessert station. We had a plate of apples and strawberries.

The characters were great and my daughter loved the singing and dancing. However the singer, Anthony, was less than enthusiastic. He didn't really dance and he kept forgetting the words. Compared to our last visit we were underwhelmed. My daughter still had a great time.

Our server, Patrick, was amazing. We never had to ask for refills and we never had dirty plates on our table. He made the meal even more enjoyable. Overall the staff here was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

If your child/children are into DISNEY Junior then they will love it. It is great too if they love to sing and dance. My daughter just loved dancing with Doc and Jake. We enjoyed our meal here and will be back in the future.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, service

Cons:

Singers

Reviewed by OTEYS Review Date: 10/27/2015

My daughter is 8 years old and still loves the Disney Jr. characters although she is "aging out" of those shows. We had breakfast here on the first day of our trip, 10/17 and it was wonderful. The buffet selections were delicious and the character interactions were timed perfectly and they each spent an adequate time at each table. We especially enjoyed meeting Doc McStuffins for the first time. Our party of 6 enjoyed our meal and made some memories.

Pros:

Atmosphere, Food Selection

Reviewed by mommom Review Date: 10/09/2015

great selection of food and my great granddaughter loved the characters. we were a party of 11 and they seated us at 3 tables but next to one another. it was easy getting out of our seats to get our food.

Had to wait a while for our tables and it was pouring outside. waitress was good and took our dishes in a timely manner. a yes for a family with small children

Pros:

kid friendly

Reviewed by sandc Review Date: 09/18/2015

We have dined at Hollywood & Vine before but it has been quite a few years until we finally decided to go back. I've read some bad reviews for here, but I must say this is our new favorite breakfast buffet. My son who is extremely picky found so many different foods here that he loved. I don't think I have ever seen him eat so much. This is a must do for our next trip. The characters were great as well. The kids are not into Disney Junior anymore as they are 8 and 12 years old but still had a lot of fun with them.

Reviewed by miket75 Review Date: 09/09/2015

Had a 9am breakfast on August 27th and this was the highlight of our week-long trip. Our son LOOOOOOVES Jake! He dressed as Captain Jake for the character breakfast and the real Jake spent lots of one-on-one time with him, dancing around the restaurant hand-in-hand! Honestly, I hesitate to add that the characters came around so often that we barely had time to eat as a con because that's really what you want to happen at a character breakfast like this. Comparatively, at the Crystal Palace, the characters came around twice each. At the Disney Junior Character Breakfast, we saw them each three times - at least! - and they did dancing for the kids to come up and interact with the characters. I cannot say enough good things about this character breakfast, but wish the venue's bathrooms were taken better care of. (I'm told its because it shares bathrooms with 50's Prime Time, the bathrooms are small, and the nearest alternative bathrooms are very far away.)

Pros:

Characters came around a lot!

Cons:

Bathrooms need better cleaning/renvoation

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 11/30/2014

This was our first time trying breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and it will be a must do on our next trip. We went in only with the expectations of meeting the characters and having breakfast, but the food was outstanding. Everyone should be able to find something at this buffet to eat. I did not have one item that was not excellent. The deep fried cinnamon french toast with chocolate sauce was to die for. I know it was super bad for you, but it tasted wonderful. Similar to a funnel cake with chocolate sauce. Everything we tried was tasty. I would recommend this breakfast to anyone.

Pros:

Food was excellent

Reviewed by njdc5 Review Date: 10/28/2014

We always make it to this restaurant on our trips with the kids, for both the character interaction, as well as the food. The characters are a lot of fun, they take the time to come to each table, and even have a few dance sessions during the meal. The food is always above-average for a Disney buffet, with their short ribs being very good. The salmon was good, and their choices for salads and desserts is also large.

Pros:

Character time, the food

Cons:

The noise

Reviewed by jluck Review Date: 10/04/2014

Went here for the character breakfast end of September 2014. Got an 8 am reservation so we could have a chance to sign up for Jedi Academy. You check in at the gate and wait in line until they lead you (and everyone else in that line) through the park to the restaurant, then you again wait in a long line to check in again.
The food was good, maybe not quite as good as Crystal Palace. The server made sure we knew the route the characters take so we could be sure they weren't on the way before we went up to the buffet.
The line was a bit chaotic.
Cast members start singing and dancing in the restaurant at various times through your meal and this clogs the way to the buffet... You are trying to make it through the line before a character comes and you have to wade through singing cast members and toddlers to get there.
Not my favorite character meal, but the kids got to see Jake and pals, so it was worth it.

Pros:

the characters

Cons:

a bit crowded

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios