The year of Disney World’s 50th anniversary has arrived, and we have been HIGHLY anticipating all the possibilities in store for celebrations.
We’ve already been waiting for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, La Crêperie de Paris, and MORE projects to debut in 2021, but it looks like Disney World will be restoring a familiar feature in honor of its anniversary!
Since the parks reopened last summer, the parks has been operating with the Disney Park Pass system in order to control the traffic flow and limit capacity in the parks. However, Disney promised some BIG things as a part of this year’s celebration, and we’re getting just that!
Disney has shared that Disney Resort hotel guests and other select hotels will soon be able to take advantage of early theme park hours again for the 50th anniversary!
The option will be available exclusively to Disney World Resort hotel guests, who will be able to enter the theme parks with 30-minute early entry. You will be required to have a Disney Park Pass for the park you are visiting with early entrance. While the start date and what attractions, restaurants, and stores will be open haven’t been confirmed yet, we will be sure to keep you updated!
The news of Early Theme Park Entry comes as Disney has also revealed that the Magical Express service will be discontinued in 2022. In a statement, Disney said, “As consumer needs and preferences change, we will no longer offer Disney’s Magical Express service starting with arrivals in 2022. At the same time, we’re also introducing new ways for guests to enjoy their visits, including early theme park entry for Disney Resort hotel guests.”
This new service is not the same as Extra Magic Hours, which was suspended earlier this year when the parks reopened, and Disney has stated that as they “continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return.”
As Disney World releases more details about planned 50th anniversary festivities, we’ll be sure to keep you updated!
Will you be going to Disney World during its 50th anniversary? Let us know in the comments below!
- NEWS: Orange County Mayor “Re-Evaluating” Relaxing Mask and Distancing Mandates
- Could the CDC’s Latest Travel Notice Mean More Cruise Delays?
- PHOTOS: A Very Dapper Pop-Up Shop Has Arrived in Disney World!
- PHOTOS! Can You Spot the Difference on These Popular Disney Items?
- Here’s When Festival of the Lion King Will RETURN to Disney World!
- Here’s How to Get a FIRST LOOK at Disney’s NEW Cruise Ship!
- A Selfie Museum Now Exists in Orlando (Yes, Really)
- 4 Fan Theories You Need to Read Before ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Finale!
- NEW Disney Dress Code, Rise Boarding Groups, and Other BIG News You Missed!
- NEWS: More Airlines Will Offer Direct Flights to Orlando SOON!