One of the major unions representing Disney World Cast Members, Unite Here Local 737, released a list of dining locations throughout the parks and resorts that will soon start calling employees back to work.
We noticed a couple of interesting discoveries, including the omission of Quick Service at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Another interesting find in the Union’s Facebook post is that buffet style restaurants may be coming back, but not as we remember them.
Chef Mickey’s and Biergarten Restaurant are two buffet restaurants, at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and EPCOT respectively. In Local 737’s announcement on their Facebook page, they were both noted as “Family Style.”
Family Style dining is different than buffets in that the food is brought out to your table in larger, “family size” portions, eliminating the need to approach a buffet table to get the food yourself. Restaurants that currently offer Family Style dining in Disney World are Garden Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern, and ‘Ohana. With the concern of the virus spreading through high touch points, many were concerned about the risk associated with buffet style dining.
What we do not know at this time is if the menu offerings will be the same or if items will be different due to the switch from buffet to family style. We already know that character dining is currently suspended, which is another major component to dining at Chef Mickey’s.
This information is subject to change and we have yet to hear an official announcement from Disney regarding this shift in operations for these two dining locations. We will continue to provide more updates as we hear them!
Are you planning on dining at Chef Mickey’s or Biergarten when you return to Disney World? Will your dining plans change if these are indeed switched to Family Style? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World