If you’re heading to Disney World soon, you need to be PREPARED.
You’ll definitely want to read up on all of the Park Pass rules, understand the complexities of Genie+, and know the ins and outs of Mobile Ordering. But you’ll also want to be prepared for something else — sudden ride closures.
We’ve seen a number of rides suddenly and unexpectedly close in Disney World over the last few days, weeks, and months. And those visiting on March 9th can expect a bit more of the same.
Early in the morning on March 9th, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (a popular ride in Magic Kingdom) was unexpectedly CLOSED in Magic Kingdom.
Sometimes these ride closures only last a few minutes, but other times they can last for a longer period of time (potentially several hours), depending on what has caused the closure.
If you are in the parks and a ride suddenly shuts down without warning, here are some tips:
- Check the My Disney Experience app constantly for updates (if a wait time is displayed, you’ll know the ride has likely reopened!)
- Ask Cast Members outside of the attraction if they know what has happened and if they have a better idea about when the ride might reopen
- Come up with a plan “B” in case one of your must-do rides unexpectedly closes
- Mentally prepare little ones for potential closures by discussing the possibility at home
- Use that closure time to knock other things off of your list, take a break, grab a snack, or otherwise utilize your time in the park!
We’ll keep an eye out for more updates and let you know what we find. In the meantime, click here to see what rides have been hit with the most unexpected closures in Disney World.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to get the free list of our ranking for Magic Kingdom rides! Click here to get started!
Are you a fan of the Winnie the Pooh ride in Magic Kingdom? Tell us in the comments.