Movie theaters might be opening their doors right now, but there hasn’t been a real firm slate of movie premieres recently.
Film releases have seen a LOT of changes with dates moving around constantly. As Disney and 20th Century Studios line up their upcoming schedule, they’ve been considering the box office’s standing and even the streaming service option. While Disney placed Mulan on Disney+ this month, the film studio is still hoping to have theatrical releases for its other movies soon.
However, there has been another HUGE shift in big name releases over the next year for both Walt Disney Studios and 20th Century Studios according to The Hollywood Reporter. The change that Marvel fans are going to want to pay attention to happens to be another move for Black Widow. While the film was supposed to debut November 6th, 2020, it has been switched to a May 7th, 2021 debut.
But, it’s not just Black Widow in the Marvel universe that’s getting changes. Now that the film based on the female Avenger has been moved, multiple Marvel films will have to be re-arranged as well. Now that means Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is being pushed from its original May 7th, 2021 release to July 9th, 2021, bumping The Eternals to a November 5th, 2021 date.
However, Pixar’s Soul will still be holding onto its November 20th, 2020 debut alongside 20th Century’s Free Guy on December 11th, 2020. Death on the Nile will also still be debuting this year, although there’s a slight move in its release from October 23rd to December 18th instead.
Due to the evolving situation, here is the full list of movie schedules that have been updated for the Walt Disney Studios and 20th Century Studios:
- Death on the Nile — October 23rd, 2020 moved to December 18th, 2020
- Black Widow — November 6th, 2020 moved to May 7th, 2021
- Deep Water — November 13th, 2020 moved to August 13th, 2021
- Soul — November 20th, 2020
- The Empty Man — December 4th, 2020 moved to October 23rd, 2020
- Free Guy — December 11th, 2020
- West Side Story — December 18th, 2020 moved to December 10th, 2021
- The King’s Man — February 26th, 2021 moved to February 12th, 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings — May 7th, 2021 moved to July 9th, 2021
- The Eternals — February 12th, 2021 moved to November 5th, 2021
We’ll continue to keep you updated about scheduled releases and any changes that may happen to movies coming out soon!
What upcoming movie are you looking forward to seeing the most? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney Film Update
- Freeform Releases Their FULL 25 Days of Christmas Schedule for 2020!
- NEWS: Oscar Isaac Has Reportedly Been Tapped for an Upcoming Marvel Series on Disney+!
- Listen to Some of Your Favorite Singers Perform in Disney+’s “Clouds: A Musical Celebration” Virtual Performance!
- NEW Trailer and Poster Released for Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’!
- What Happens if You Have a Dining Reservation or Movie Tickets When Disney Springs Hits Capacity?
- Disney+ to Feature New Advisory in Front of Culturally Insensitive Films
- Disney’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” Will Return to Theaters Near You This Halloween!
- NEWS: Freeform Releases Their Full Kickoff to Christmas Schedule!
- Disney+ Categorizes Non-MCU Movies as Marvel Legacy Movies
- A New Movie Based on Disney’s Space Mountain is in the Works!