Jambo from a bright and sunny day in Disney World! ☀️
While we’ve been hopping around to check out new Halloween treats in Disney Springs and trying the eats from the Flavors of Fire booth in EPCOT, we’re ending our day with a relaxing trip to the pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
And, we had a pleasant surprise during our stroll when we found that the Uzima Springs Pool Bar at the Jambo House’s pool had officially OPENED! While a Cast Member told us that Uzima Springs opened on Labor Day, they’ve only remained open on weekends from Friday through Sunday for guests to visit.
The bar has opened with treats like Chili Cheese Hot Dogs and Assorted Ice Cream (including Mickey Bars) to snack on before taking a dip in the pool.
Grown-ups can also indulge in different spirits, frozen drinks, or cocktails on the rocks as they kick back and relax on a lounge chair after a long day in the parks.
While we were deciding what to get, we spotted that Uzima Springs was offering through new drinks inspired by the African safari. Although the Flamingo Mule and Safari Mudslide sounded AMAZING…
…we went with the African Sunset. And, it didn’t disappoint with how GORGEOUS (and tasty) it was! The frozen cocktail is mixed up with mango rum, African Starr rum, and mango and strawberry purée for a burst of flavor.
The mango and strawberry blended together so well that the African Sunset tasted like a fruit smooth, but with a hearty kick of rum. You can get the alcoholic version for $15, buuut we also found out that you can snag a non-alcoholic version of the drink for $6.49. Since the African Sunset would still taste like a fruit smoothie (just without the rum), it’s perfect for your kiddos to sip on in the Florida heat by the pool!
While the pool hours are 10AM until 10PM, Uzima Springs is open from 11AM through 9PM so you can get a midday drink or a late-night snack while you’re visiting the resort. We’ll make sure to give you a full look at everything you can expect to see whenever you’re back in the parks or resorts!
What is your favorite Disney Resort to visit? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney Resorts Updates
- NEWS! The Wonders of the Lodge Tour at Disney World’s Wilderness Lodge Has Been Discontinued “As of Now”
- NEWS: Olivia’s Cafe Has Debuted as Another Table Service Mobile Order Location in Disney World!
- UPDATE! The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Continues to Make Awesome Progress in Disney World
- Food and Wine Weekends Are Returning to Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resorts
- NEWS: These Are the Restaurants That Will (and Will Not) Be Available When Disney’s Coronado Springs Reopens!
- NEWS: Walt Disney World Resort Suites Are Now Available to Book, Though Club Level Access Still Unavailable
- Disney Releases a New App for Aulani Resort Guests Prior to Its November Reopening
- AllEars TV: Is This Disney World’s Most Tranquil Resort?
- New Lewk, Who Dis? The Beaches and Cream Cast Member Costumes Have Gotten a BIG Makeover in Disney World!
- What’s This? NEW and Adorable ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ Treats Are Available At Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort!