Earlier today, Disney’s Chief Financial Officer Christine McCarthy spoke at the Bank of America Virtual 2020 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference. In this discussion, McCarthy laid out several key goals, expectations, and priorities as they wrap up their Fiscal Year 2020 at the end of the month.
One of those expectations the Walt Disney Company has is to have reopened a majority of their resort hotels in Disney World by the end of their fiscal year.
When speaking on the progress being made on reopening the resorts, McCarthy said Disney World expects to have “a little over 50%” of their resorts by the end of their fiscal year, according to Reuters.
As of this writing, the following resort hotels are currently open:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
By the end of the Company’s Fiscal Year 2020, only one resort is scheduled to reopen, and that is the non-DVC side of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. The resort is currently scheduled to reopen on September 21st.
Some resorts will take a little longer than others to reopen. At this time, there are some resorts that have been delayed until further notice, including the non-DVC side of Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn. The reopening of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has also been delayed to the summer of 2021.
Have you stayed at a Disney World Resort hotel since they began to reopen in June? Let us know in the comments!
More Disney World Resort Hotel News!
- Select Guests Will Be Able to Ride Disney World’s Rise of the Resistance EARLY
- What Staying On-Site at Walt Disney World Gets You That Staying Off-Site Does Not
- AllEars TV: Disney World’s Monorail Hotels vs. Skyliner Hotels
- MORE Discounted MagicBands Are Available for Select Disney World Guests!
- PHOTOS: We Stayed at Disney World’s Cheapest Hotel
- What Perks Do Disney Resort Guests Still Have in 2021?
- AllEars TV: Disney World’s Largest Resort is the ONLY Place to Find One Iconic Mickey Shaped Snack!
- AllEars TV: This Disney Resort Is The First of Its Kind!
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Has Officially Reopened!
- AllEars TV: Disney World’s Wilderness Lodge Has a WILD Amount of Detail!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!