Reviews of Steakhouse 71

Reviewed by SCMinnie Review Date: 01/18/2022

We had dinner at Steakhouse 71 Christmas Eve. While it was OK we won't go back. There are better restaurants at WDW to spend that kind of money.

Pros:

Service was good. Tables weren't jammed together. The crab cakes were very good.

Cons:

The food was just OK. One in our party had a steak, ordered medium rare, and it was more done than medium. The overall flavor of the steak was so-so as well. We went to Le Cellier later in the trip and it put Steakhouse 71 to shame. Another in the party had the salmon. While it wasn't overcooked it didn't have great flavor.

Reviewed by GeorgeM Review Date: 01/17/2022

We went there for dinner on our first night of our October 2021 vacation. We didn't follow the old "save the best for last" Montra.
There were six adults so we managed to try almost every appetizers and entree. The ham and eggs app was the biggest hit followed by the crab cakes. The bread is an excellent app too.
Two of us got the prime rib, one filet, the chicken, fish and even the plant based. We mixed up the sides and had the sauce sampler. My daughter said it was the best plant based meal she ever had. I tried it too, it was really good but so was my prime rib.
It was by far the best overall meal we had during our trip.
Out daughter git married in early September, our waitress brought them two special cupcakes and two glasses of champagne as a special treat.

Pros:

Amazing food. Great service. Prime location. Reasonable prices considering you are in Disney.

Cons:

Reservations getting hard to snag.

Reviewed by TotallySophia Review Date: 01/17/2022

My husband and I had lunch at Steakhouse 71 and it did not disappoint! My fig Manhattan was unique and tasty. The potato brioche was good, but the roasted tomato garlic spread kicks it up to amazing. We each ordered the now infamous burgers with Parmesan fries. The fries were just ok, but the burgers are worth all the hype. Service was on point and the decor is nice.

Pros:

Service and everything was delicious

Cons:

The Parmesan fries and shrimp cocktail were good, but you can get better shrimp cocktail on property

Reviewed by GabbyS Review Date: 01/14/2022

Excellent Steak and a Good Price

Pros:

Looking for a good steak, relaxing atmosphere, and nice staff that won't break the bank. This is it. There's a bar where you can have a drink while you wait for your reservation time.

Cons:

Very popular and large parties can back up reservations.

Reviewed by mouseears609 Review Date: 01/12/2022

I liked the staff better than the food. My waitress was great, very friendly and accommodating. A little boy at the next table got his drink in a plastic cup with characters, so I asked if I could have one. My waitress brought me "all the goodies" - not only a cup, but a light up Ariel clip and a 'Contemporary Resort' stirrer. I have specific dietary needs and the chef was great working with me. However, my crab cake appetizer, sautéed spinach, and mashed potatoes were what you could get at any other restaurant. I was excited to try the chocolate cake, but was disappointed. I thought it was typical bakery cake, nothing special to have me running back. The décor was simple and not overly themed, but I liked the murals. Whether I would recommend Steakhouse 71 depends on what you're looking for out of the experience.

Pros:

The staff

Cons:

None of the food stood out

Reviewed by NotoriousDVM Review Date: 01/12/2022

Best burger on property! I am loving this new addition to The Contemporary. The location is excellent for a quick break from Magic Kingdom or a day of resort hopping. The signature cocktail menu is a bit more exciting compared to many restaurants on property--the Fig Manhattan is delightful. This has quickly become a must-visit restaurant for me.

Pros:

Location Menu Price point Atmosphere

Reviewed by AngelicaScorza Review Date: 01/11/2022

This was by far the best place we ate at on our trip! I got the 6-oz filet and the garlic mashed potatoes. The filet was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. My other half got the 10-oz New York strip with the red wine glazed mushrooms. He said it was one of the best steaks he’s had ever. We will definitely be back on our next trip.

Pros:

We had great service. Everything we ate was absolutely incredible.

Cons:

Expensive, but worth the $$.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/11/2022

Honestly pretty meh
The staff was very friendly and the pictures of old Disney was cool and the drinks were good but the food wasn’t great
I’ve heard astonishing things about the burger but mine was fairly bland, the pork belly was old and dry and the mountain of red onions was kinda off putting
And double that because my girlfriends was the same

Pros:

A comfy place with good drinks

Cons:

The food wasn’t worth the walk from Magic Kingdom

Reviewed by KAmato66 Review Date: 01/11/2022

Had lunch here on Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary and Steakhouse 71’s opening day! The service was a little slow but expected as I imagine the kinks needed to be worked out. The ambiance was not as nice as I remember The Wave being. I had the gourmet grilled cheese and it was fabulous. I would like to come here to try dinner. It’s also a nice walk to get to from Magic Kingdom to have a break from the park for a really good meal.

Pros:

Close to MK, food was really good

Cons:

Atmosphere is a little bland

Reviewed by iwannagotodisneyworld Review Date: 01/10/2022

We ate here after rope drop and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train on 11/18/21. After a quick monorail hop, we checked in and were seated along a banquette. Our server was lackluster - not very attentive and not friendly - rather perfunctory. My daughter and I ordered Walt's Prime Rib Hash and substituted poached eggs for the fried egg in the menu description. We both loved it and especially enjoyed that runny yolk combined with the potatoes in the hash. My husband ordered the Western Omelette and enjoyed it very much. We also ordered orange juice and coffee - beverages were fine.

*I have food allergies and cannot have any grain(s) - I spoke with the server and she brought out the chef. I was able to confirm that my order was safe for my allergies and the chef prepared it for me perfectly.

Pros:

Convenient to Magic Kingdom via walkway or monorail. Great value. I liked the sedate decor - white walls and minimal "theming" - plain but not boring.

Cons:

Service was lackluster.

Other topics in Contemporary