Reviews of Chef Mickey’s Dinner

Other Menus at Chef Mickey's

Chef Mickey's

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/20/2020

Today we Went to Chef Mickey and was extremely disappointed. Because of Covid, I understood many things were going to change. However, for the same exact price, I would expect more than just a wave and dance at a distance from the characters. The breakfast was mediocre, and they did not serve all the items as before. My husband and I were very much looking forward to their smoked Salmon and we learned that was taken off the menu. We are a family of 6 and paid about $275. It was absolutely not worth it. Maybe they can throw in a Favorite stuffed animal Kids can pick out and take home, or discount the menu, or explain beforehand that even their menu has changed. The price should have been half of what it is now. I am very disappointed in Disney today. I gave It 2 stars bc: we did have a great server and I liked how the buffet style was brought to our table, but other than that, just really upset that we came so far and wasted our time This morning coming here.

Pros:

Service, cleanliness

Cons:

Mediocre food. Character experience was extremely disappointing which was the only reason we came. Price was twice what it should have been considering the change in menu and character experience. Maybe if we ever go back to the way it was before Covid I would recommend coming back, but for the price and experience we had, I cannot recommend this experience today.

Reviewed by Jade Review Date: 11/12/2020

Chef Mickey's is a classic restaurant and great for families and kids. The buffet has a wide variety of offerings and you get to see the characters. If you don't mind a busy, loud restaurant then check this one out, especially if you want to meet characters and eat at the same time.

Pros:

Food is pretty good

Cons:

You have to get up to get your food and might miss a character, loud, busy, expensive

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2020

Over priced

Pros:

Buffet, if your very hungry after being in the parks all day this is a good choice.

Cons:

Cold food, not any better than a Buffett outside the park. Food here back in the 90s used to be amazing but these days not so much. Very overpriced for what it is.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/05/2019

This place is so unorganized, unwelcoming and dirty. The staff literally rushed me and my party of 12 to finish eating while having dinner on 7/30/19 and no one in my group even had the chance to get seconds. There was food all over the floor where we sat, and when the Characters came to our table the were instructed to not come to our table. I booked this reservation 3 months in advance for my niece 4th Birthday and I repeatedly ask customer service I would like to add a cake to my reservations, will the cake I am ordering with you from (Chef Mickey) be available? I was told yes it will be and will be the notes under my reservations, but I must pay the money in advance and when the day finally came I was told they do not provide a cake there was no indication in the notes under my reservations and unless I order from an outside bakery there is NO CAKE, so I basically lost the money I paid in advance. When I complained to the Manager she blantly stated..\"You were supposed to book this celebration 24hrs in advance, we do not provide a cake, and the money you paid has nothing to do with us so call your bank to inquire about a refund!\". I will \"NEVER BOOK HERE AGAIN!\" & I will definately \"NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

Pros:

NOT WORTH IT!

Cons:

NOT WORTH THE MONEY OR TIME

Reviewed by Bubbe415 Review Date: 06/19/2019

we were pleasantly surprised - it wasnt bad. not great but not bad. buffets are never great tho. the characters were fun. the service pretty good. not memorable, had to think hard about where we went 2 nights ago lol.

Pros:

fun. close to Bay Lake so we could see fireworks. characters all came over

Cons:

characters seemed a bit rushed. expensive.

Reviewed by TLynch Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have been to Chef Mickey's Breakfast many times but this year we tried the Dinner with a party of 15. The food selection was great and everyone enjoyed the character interaction. Our server was excellent. He continually checked our tables to refill drinks and remove empty plates. He also made sure that one of the characters that had skipped our tables came back for the kids.

Pros:

Food was great. Service was excellent.

Reviewed by Amy3 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We have been to Disney three times now with our three young kids and this is by far their favorite Disney restaurant of them all. Not only do you get to see all the big Disney characters without waiting in a line at the park (saving time!) but they have good food for adults with lots of kids favorites to keep everyone happy. We also have two kids with food allergies and the chef came right out to the table and provided each of them a meal they loved and made them feel special!

Pros:

See Disney Characters and interact with them Good food for all ages Great ice cream bar kids also loved the monorail trip into the hotel My kids are older now and we are planning another trip and this is the restaurant they all want to make sure we go to!

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 03/27/2017

Characters came once in almost two hours. Food was middle of the road, cold, skimpy, hardly anything on the buffet. Last year it was loaded with great food. Golden Corral has a better selection. We will no longer go there.

Pros:

Some fun with characters

Cons:

Food, expense, value

Reviewed by whitsons Review Date: 02/02/2017

Chef Mickey's dinner has been a favorite tradition for my family for 25 years. Sadly, the restaurant has changed over the last few years, and the food is nothing like it used to be. They have replaced the prime rib with roast, and the world-renowned parmesan potatoes have now been replaced by smashed potatoes. The food is sub par, and we were so sad that our traditional restaurant will no longer be on our list of places to eat at WDW. I wish WDW would leave the original menu alone. The waitress said she had received lots of complaints about the parmesan potatoes being gone! Ugh! And on top of that, this was the most expensive meal we had, and definitely the worst! Really wish WDW would go back to the old menu at Chef Mickey's dinner!

Pros:

good place to see Mickey and other characters

Cons:

food has gotten progressively worse over the years

Reviewed by KBates Review Date: 05/15/2016

My family of 4 ate here many years ago and we remembered it being fantastic, but we hadn't been there since, even though we visit Disney every year! We decided to go again last year, 2015, (My parents and my Fiance' and I). We had booked the day our dining options were available and it was already hard to get in! We went in August (it was very hot out) but we were ready for a great buffet dinner. We got there and they take your family picture which was nice because I don't remember them doing this many years ago. When we were called in and directed to our table everyone was so nice and explained what the different foods were. My fiance' was excited to see all the different dessert choices they had. I have a beef allergy and there was plenty of food to choose from. And then the characters came around and we got pictures with every one of them. Also, the waitress noticed it was my parents 25th year anniversary and they gave them a celebration mickey cupcake with a candle on it! The food was absolutely delicious I would definitely recommend it!!

Pros:

price, atmosphere, characters

Cons:

need to make reservation well in advance!

Other topics in Contemporary