Reviews of Chef Mickey’s Breakfast

Other Menus at Chef Mickey's

Chef Mickey's

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by BsoCool Review Date: 02/28/2021

Food was average other than the Mickey Waffles. Like with most Character Meals you are paying for the experience not the food. I do have an odd allergy and they were very accommodating. Service was very good and attentive. Personally I like the Family Style better than the buffet. I personally hope they will always stay like this. I just hope we all can hug Mickey soon again. My son and I were tucked away a bit in the corner but we were also where the characters came out and they interactive very much with us. They were all great.

Pros:

meet the Fab 5.Basic breakfast food. In the Contemporary Resort, a classic hotel in the Magic Kingdom.

Cons:

Food was just average. Not very long interaction with the characters. They get pressed to keep going. Some children were calling out to Pluto and he just ignored them and kept going.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/27/2021

Such a fun breakfast!

Pros:

The fab five of course! Breakfast was excellent too! We had a family style breakfast and they brought us literally everything we would have wanted to eat!

Cons:

Pricey option for breakfast but the kids absolutely loved the character interactions.

Reviewed by SMDeMauro Review Date: 01/12/2021

We dined here during the modified experience of family style and distanced character interactions. The food was very good and plentiful! Of our two dining experiences, both were good, but one had better service and character interaction than the other. I think it may depend upon which area in the restaurant you are seated. In the far corners, it can be harder to get character photos and to get your server's attention. But overall, it was a good breakfast for both visits.

Pros:

Lots of food, very tasty. Much prefer the family style dining over the old buffet.

Cons:

Your experience can vary somewhat depending upon where you are sitting.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/12/2021

This breakfast was so much fun! The characters came by very often, and even though they could not give autographs or take pictures they interacted with us a lot and posed for pictures. The food was great, especially for a character dining meal. I especially loved the banana bread french toast and potato-cheese casserole. We got our money's worth and more of food, and our waiter went above and beyond for us, even bringing me a cupcake out for my birthday.

Pros:

Great food served family-style Amazing service Character dining

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/29/2020

it was a great breakfast, but took forever

Pros:

had very good breakfast food

Cons:

it took a while for the characters to get around because of the napkin party they did

Reviewed by tink Review Date: 03/01/2019

Had a 7:25 reservation they took me at 7:10. I ate solo did not feel out of place.The only thing is there are no cast members with the characters to take your picture,a person at the next table offered to take my picture.A good variety of food, I especially liked the station where they had different toppings for the mickey waffles.I also liked walking to Magic Kingdom after breakfast.

Pros:

The fab 5 toppings for the mickey waffles walking to Magic Kingdom after breakfast

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We have been to Disney three times now with our three young kids and this is by far their favorite Disney restaurant of them all. Not only do you get to see all the big Disney characters without waiting in a line at the park (saving time!) but they have good food for adults with lots of kids favorites to keep everyone happy. We also have two kids with food allergies and the chef came right out to the table and provided each of them a meal they loved and made them feel special!

Pros:

See Disney Characters and interact with them Good food for all ages Great ice cream bar kids also loved the monorail trip into the hotel My kids are older now and we are planning another trip and this is the restaurant they all want to make sure we go to!

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

Chef Mickey's is the must-do first breakfast to set the mood of your trip. The food is always good, and the characters are great. Our most recent breakfast was the morning they moved over to the Convention Center to start a refurb on the restaurant. It was easy, and the Gang had more room to wander around. The only negative is how popular it is, meaning how challenging it can be to get a reservation.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Popularity

Reviewed by kellylsmith Review Date: 03/18/2017

This is our favorite place to eat at Disney. Interacting with the main Disney characters while you eat is the best. The only downside is 'rushing' to get your food from the buffet so you don't miss a character. Otherwise, the food is yummy and plentiful and varied. The pancakes were wonderful. The characters are FUN and always great to meet without having to wait in lines.
The atmosphere at the Contemporary is great with the monorail going through all the time.

Pros:

Characters, Setting, Food

Cons:

Rushed atmosphere

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/17/2016

Chef Mickey's is a must do on each trip. The food choices are wonderful and everything always tastes good. The characters do a great job of having fun with you. Highly recommend this place for breakfast!

Pros:

Character Interaction and Food

Other topics in Contemporary