Epcot has officially re-opened today with new Character Cavalcades and the entire A Taste of Epcot International Food and Wine Festival to enjoy!
Although many Cast Members have returned back to the parks, it’s difficult for some Disney programs to resume right now. While the Disney College Program will be canceled through the Fall, Cast Members who have culturally represented their own countries in the World Showcase will not be returning to the parks any time soon.
Although Disney has considered the possibility of using Cast Members who aren’t culturally authentic for the time being, the Cultural Representative Program will not be continuing for the rest of the year.
Cast Members in the program were furloughed in March and haven’t been able to return to the parks since the closures. As a health and safety precaution, readers have informed us that offers through the Cultural Representative Program have been withdrawn.
At this time, Disney will be using Cast Members that aren’t culturally representative of the countries in the World Showcase. Although Disney has put this program cancellation in place to protect guests and Cast Members, we will keep you updated with any more changes to the program!
What is your favorite country to visit in the World Showcase? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World