While several additional hotels and resorts prepare to reopen, one resort on Disney World property has made the decision to delay their opening.
An announcement was made on Shades of Green’s website as well. This means that Shades of Green will not reopen in time for the grand reopening of Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom, and will instead reopen on the same date as EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Shades of Green is a military-owned Armed Forces Recreation Center Resort exclusively for active and retired military as well as Department of Defense civilians, along with their families. The resort has been closed since late March following the historic closure of Disney World’s theme parks.
There is no additional information available at this time, but as this is a developing story we will keep an eye out for more information in the coming weeks.
Have you ever stayed at Shades of Green? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!