Across the country, many businesses are being forced to temporarily close in an effort to flatten the curve. When Disney World suspended their operations, non-Disney owned hotels, like the Four Seasons and the Swan and Dolphin, remained open for a little while longer before ultimately closing themselves.
Another non-Disney owned resort on the property, Shades of Green, has just announced that they will also be temporarily shuttering due to the outbreak.
Shades of Green has announced that it will be temporarily closing through May 15th. On their website, Shades of Green wrote, “The safety of our guests and staff is our primary concern at AFRC Resorts. Shades of Green will temporarily close to ensure the health and well-being of service members and their families during the COVID-19 crisis. Despite our best efforts to serve guests through this situation, it is now apparent that this crisis requires collective action to slow its progression in the United States. Guests will be asked to return to their home station as soon as they can make the necessary travel arrangements. We are waiving any cancellation or early departure fees for reservations during this time.”
The resort provides low-cost accommodations on Disney World property for members of the military and is actually owned by the Department of Defense. During the closure, the resort will still be accepting reservations for new arrivals after May 15th, and added that they “will continue to closely monitor the situation and will make a determination to reopen in coordination with our partners at Disney World Resorts when it is safe for our guests and staff.”
As of now, Disney World itself has not announced any plans of an extended closure past its current period through the end of March. However, both Orange and Osceola Counties, where the resort is located, have issued stay-at-home orders that will be in effect April 9th.
We will continue to update as the situation develops.
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History