While Disney World has yet to make a formal announcement of an extended closure past their previous end of March timelines, the Orange County government has issued a clarification on how the stay-at-home order would affect Disney.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, the Orange County government “confirmed Thursday [that] Disney is included in the order that adds amusement rides and water parks to a list of non-essential businesses that must temporarily stop running for the next two weeks.”
Currently the Orange County stay-at-home order is in effect through 11 PM on April 9th. Disney World has not yet issued an extension of their closure past a current date of March 31st.
We will continue to provide update to this story as they become available.
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History