Although Disney World has not given an update yet as to whether they will extend the temporary closure, the stay-at-home order issued in Orange County, where most of the resort is located, had many questioning whether an extension of the closure would be imminent.
Disney World actually falls within two different Florida counties, and the second, Osceola County, has also followed suit with their own stay-at-home order.
County officials have mandated a stay-at-home order, meaning that all residents should stay at home unless they need essentials. The order will go into effect tomorrow, Thursday March 26th, starting at 11 PM.
The order is currently scheduled to expire on April 9th, the same date as Orange County’s order. The order “excludes any essential business or entity providing essential services such as health care, food service, law enforcement and similar critical services.”
Disney World has not yet released any official confirmation in regards to an extension of their closure, but we will continue to keep you updated as we learn more.
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History