While Walt Disney World previously announced that the park’s temporary closure would end at the beginning of April, they have now made the decision to extend the closure.
Following the decision of Disney World’s home, Orange County, to issue a stay at home order through April 9th, Disney has announced that their closure will be extended as well.
According to an Official Announcement by Disney they will now be closed “until further notice.”
While a specific re-opening date for the theme parks and resorts was not given, the announcement does note that Cast Members will continue to be paid through April 18.
All Ears will monitor this situation as it develops.
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History