On July 11, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will be the first Disney parks to reopen in the U.S.! When it comes to shopping for the perfect park souvenir, Animal Kingdom is a great place to scoop up some more unique items!
We also know that character meet and greets, fireworks, and traditional entertainment offerings won’t be available right away when the parks reopen. However, we have a better idea of the modified character experiences that will be available at Animal Kingdom!
Disney’s website had a MASSIVE update today, listing all of the attractions, shops, and entertainment that will be available upon reopening! Let’s first take a look at all of the spots we can get our shopping fix at Animal Kingdom:
- Africa Hub Cart
- African Heritage Wood Carving
- Baby Care
- Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures
- Discovery Trading Company
- Garden Gate Gifts & Strollers
- Kilimanjaro Safari Cart
- Mandala Gifts
- Mombasa Marketplace
- Out Of The Wild
- Serka Zong Bazaar
- The Dino Institute Shop
And if you’re looking for a little entertainment, here is what WILL be available. According to Disney, “Character Cruises throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing in boats around Discovery River” These include the following:
- Discovery River Character Cruise
- Discovery Island Drummers
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!
- Mickey & Friends Flotilla
These new “Character Cruises” sound super adorable! We did notice that as of right now, Finding Nemo: The Musical does not seem to appear as available upon reopening, as well as UP! A Great Bird Adventure. Additionally, Festival of the Lion King has been removed from Disney’s original list of opening attractions.
We’ll be sure to provide more updates on these unique character offerings, as well as updates on the shopping experience, when Animal Kingdom reopens on July 11!
What’s the FIRST thing you’re going to do on your next trip to Animal Kingdom? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World