Disney World rides can sometimes close due to scheduled maintenance, but other times their closures are totally unannounced and simply pop up due to technical issues or other problems. We’ve seen all kinds of rides impacted by these closures over the past several months, and now it’s happened…again.
While these sudden and unexpected ride closures aren’t things you can predict, if you aren’t at least prepared for the idea of them potentially impacting your trip, the flow of your trip could be seriously impacted.
On May 10th, a few rides were closed early in the morning.
At around 9:34AM, that included The Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Pirates of the Caribbean. Initially, Adventurers Outpost was also closed, but it swiftly reopened.
Sometimes ride closures like these will only last a few minutes. But other times, they can last for several hours.
Here’s what to do if a ride suddenly closes during your trip:
- Check the My Disney Experience app constantly for updates (if a wait time for the ride is displayed, you’ll know the ride has likely reopened)
- Ask Cast Members outside of the ride if they know what has happened and if they have a better idea about when the ride might reopen
- Come up with a plan “B” in advance in case one of your must-do rides unexpectedly closes
- Mentally prepare little ones for potential closures by discussing the possibility at home
- Use that closure time to knock other things off of your list, take a break, grab a snack, or otherwise utilize your time in the park!
We’ll continue to look for more updates and let you know what we find.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to get the free list of the 14 best times to use Genie+ at Disney World! Click here to get started!Click here to subscribe
What do you do when you experience a ride closure in Disney World? Tell us in the comments.