Going to Disney World soon? Be READY.
You’ll want to grab your Park Pass, take advantage of the latest hotel deals and discounts?, understand the ins and outs of Genie+, and make those key dining reservations. But you’ll also want to be prepared for something else — ride closures.
Sometimes, Disney schedules a ride closure as part of a refurbishment project. But sometimes rides can unexpectedly close during your trip due to other issues, like technical problems. If you aren’t at least prepared for the idea of that happening to you, the flow of your trip could be seriously impacted.
We’ve seen all kinds of rides closed over the past few months, and now we’ve spotted even more. On the morning of April 13th, two rides were closed in Magic Kingdom — The Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Pirates of the Caribbean.
UPDATE: As of 2:00PM, Pirates had reopened, but DINOSAUR, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, and the NEW TRON Lightcycle / Run were all temporarily closed.
Sometimes ride closures like these will only last a few minutes. But other times, they can last for several hours.
Here’s what to do if a ride suddenly closes during your trip:
- Check the My Disney Experience app constantly for updates (if a wait time for the ride is displayed, you’ll know the ride has likely reopened)
- Ask Cast Members outside of the ride if they know what has happened and if they have a better idea about when the ride might reopen
- Come up with a plan “B” in advance in case one of your must-do rides unexpectedly closes
- Mentally prepare little ones for potential closures by discussing the possibility at home
- Use that closure time to knock other things off of your list, take a break, grab a snack, or otherwise utilize your time in the park!
We’ll continue to look for more Disney World updates and let you know what we find.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to get the free list of the 14 best times to use Genie+ at Disney World! Click here to get started!Click here to subscribe
What do you do when you experience a ride closure in Disney World? Tell us in the comments.