Yesterday we got the chance to attend the grand opening of Space 220 at EPCOT!
The new restaurant is located next to Mission: SPACE and it takes guests 220 miles above the earth to “dine in outer space.” We tried a LOT of food and checked out all the details, and it was a blast! Apparently, the restaurant is just as popular today, because there’s already a virtual queue.
For the first week that it’s open (until September 27th), Space 220 is operating on a “no reservations, first-come-first-serve” basis. That means that if you want to get inside in the next few days, you’ll need to get here EARLY!
We tried rope dropping Space 220 this morning to see how busy things were, and we certainly weren’t the only ones waiting in line. We were let into the park at around 10:30AM, got in the Space 220 line shortly after, and made it to the front of the queue to get our return time at about 10:50AM.
When we reached the front, we spoke with a Cast Member who asked us whether we’d prefer to eat lunch or dinner. Since we were among the first in line, we were given the chance to request a specific time. For those who walk up later in the day, you’ll be given a choice from the remaining times available. If you arrive after the restaurant opens, you can put your name on the list for the first available spot for the lounge or the bar.
We’ll make sure to keep monitoring Space 220 this week and see what the crowds are like, so stay tuned to AllEars!
Are you planning to visit Space 220 soon? Let us know in the comments!
Space 220 News
- Disney World is Changing the Way We EAT
- When is the BEST Time to Dine at Space 220?
- Who Does Space Food Better: Galaxy’s Edge or Space 220?
- Is It Worth It to Skip EPCOT’s World Showcase for Space 220?
- Space 220 Opens, Rise of the Resistance Ditches Boarding Groups, and MORE Disney News!
- Want to Stay at Disney World’s ‘Star Wars’ Hotel? Why You Should Go to Space 220 FIRST.
- AllEars TV: INSIDE Disney World’s Newest Restaurant: Space 220
- Ranking Disney World’s Anniversary Celebrations (And Where the 50th Stands So Far)
- Is EPCOT’s Space 220 Worth the Price Tag?
- How to Experience EPCOT’s Space 220 With NO Reservation
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!