Planning on visiting Disney World? Some of the most important things you’ll need to keep in mind are Disney’s mask requirements and regulations.
Guests are required to wear masks at all times during their vacation, except when stationary AND actively eating or drinking (or if they are in a mask relaxation zone). That means you must keep your mask on during all of the attractions as well (even water rides like Kali River Rapids). In fact, Disney will not give anyone a photo if there’s a person in it without a mask on. But, what happens if your mask falls off accidentally during the ride and you still want your photo? Disney is testing something to fix that.
Today, when we were in Magic Kingdom, we spoke to a PhotoPass Cast Member about Disney’s policy for photos with guests who don’t have a mask on or are wearing it incorrectly. The Cast Member said that Disney cannot give anyone a picture with a person in it without a mask on.
But, in some instances, a guest may not realize their mask was partially off, or it may be off entirely by accident, or their child may have been the one who took it off by accident. Some of those guests still really want their ride photos, so Disney is now testing out a possible solution.
Photo testing is now happening in the Disney World theme parks for ride photos for guests who are not wearing their face masks or are not wearing them correctly. The photo will be edited to provide the guest in the photo who is not wearing a mask or wearing it incorrectly with a black face covering. The testing is currently taking place on DINOSAUR in Disney’s Animal Kingdom as well as Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in Magic Kingdom. But, this is just a testing phase.
Please keep in mind that masks are still required in Disney World, including on all attractions, and this editing is meant to address situations where masks are not on properly in a ride photo due primarily to accidental reasons. Guests who do not wear their masks properly in Disney World will be asked to leave.
We’ll keep an eye out for more updates on this situation and let you know what we see.
More Stories About Disney World
- PHOTOS: Disney World Proves More is MORE With New 50th Anniversary Banners
- PHOTO: First Look at NEW 50th Anniversary Lighting for EPCOT’s Spaceship Earth
- Details You’ve Missed in Every Country in EPCOT’s World Showcase
- VIDEO: Disney Shares Sneak Peek of New EPCOT Fireworks Show
- You Can Still AVOID the Standby Line for Rise of the Resistance — But It’ll Cost You
- BREAKING: Rise of the Resistance Will STOP Using Boarding Groups Soon in Disney World
- The Coolest Halloween Decoration in Disney World is NOT in a Theme Park!
- VIDEO: Disney and Cirque du Soleil’s ‘Drawn to Life’ Has Resumed Rehearsals!
- How to AVOID the Long Line at EPCOT’s Newest Store!
- PHOTOS: If You Missed Out on a Giant Cake Photo in Magic Kingdom Now is Your Chance!
What do you think of this photo editing that’s being tested? Let us know in the comments.