California Governor Gavin Newsom recently upgraded 40 counties to the highest risk level based on the spread of COVID-19 illnesses.
In response to this, Los Angeles county issued stricter curfews and new stay-home mandates. The mandate has restricted capacities on all businesses and does not allow groups of more than one household to gather. Today, Governor Newsom has described a new mandate that will be implemented if hospital capacities fall below 15%.
Regions where the ICU capacity dips below 15% will be issued a mandatory stay-at-home order for three weeks. The state of California is being divided into five regions. This includes the Bay Area, Southern California, Greater Sacramento, San Joaquin Valley, and Northern California. If a region is issued a mandate, businesses and residents would have 48 hours to adopt the stay-home order.
All non-essential businesses like bars, wineries, personal services, hair salons will be closed when that region is under the mandate. Businesses and organizations like schools, critical infrastructures, retail with 20% capacity, and restaurants for take-out or delivery can remain open. Disneyland Resort has yet to reopen fully, but Downtown Disney and Buena Vista Street could potentially be affected if the mandate was issued in Orange County.
Newsom stated the reasoning behind the new mandate is that “If we don’t act now, our hospital system will be overwhelmed.” Currently, no regions have met the requirements for the mandatory stay at home order. Health officials speculated some regions could reach below the 15% threshold this coming week. We’ll continue to follow up on the new California mandates.
Disneyland and California News
- VIDEO: Tom Holland Shares a Sneak Peek at Disneyland’s Spider-Man Ride!
- Disneyland Will Be Ending Annual Passholder Program
- Disneyland’s Vaccine Distribution Site Is Open! Here’s What It Looks Like.
- NEWS: Florida Officials Consider Disney World as Vaccine Distribution Site
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Will Host Mass Vaccination Site in Orange County
- PHOTO! Big Thunder Mountain Main Attraction Ears Have Been Stocked in Disneyland!
- Legendary Disneyland Photographer Renie Bardeau Has Passed at the Age of 86
- NEWS: California’s Orange County Could Be Under Stay-At-Home Orders For Another Month
- NEWS: California Reports Highest Daily Number of COVID-19 Cases Seen in a US State
- Disney Recipe: Make Your Own Peppermint Marshmallow Wand this Holiday Season
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!