In the last few weeks, we’ve been keeping a close watch on California as positive cases continue to be on the rise.
Already, Los Angeles County is currently in the middle of a three-week order that mandates the closure of all outdoor dining, as reported by ABC 7 LA. Indoor dining has not been permitted to reopen in the county since March.
The Associated Press has shared the news that Los Angeles County has issued a new stay-home order for its residents, which will go into effect on Monday, November 30th. You can read the full order here. According to the order, residents are banned from gathering with people who do not live in their household, both privately and in public, with the exception of church services and protests.
Businesses, including personal care services, are allowed to remain open but with the following limited capacity restrictions in place:
- Essential retail – 35% maximum occupancy
- Non-essential retail (includes indoor malls) – 20% maximum occupancy
- Personal care services – 20% maximum occupancy
- Libraries – 20% maximum occupancy
- Fitness centers operating outdoors – 50% maximum occupancy
- Museums galleries, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens operating outdoors – 50% maximum occupancy
- Mini-golf, batting cages, go-kart racing operating outdoors – 50% maximum occupancy
Beaches, parks, and trails are also allowed to remain open at this time. The new order is set to run through December 20th.
The order follows the modified stay-home order which prohibits nonessential outings between the hours of 10PM-5AM. This order applies to counties that are currently in the most restrictive Purple Tier, which most of the state is currently under, including Los Angeles County. The state is also under a new travel advisory that was recently passed by California, along with the states of Washington and Oregon.
At this time, the new stay-home order does not have an immediate impact on Orange County, where Disneyland is located. However, it is unknown at this time if this order will impact Universal Studios Hollywood CityWalk aside from imposing additional capacity limitations, or if there will be any sort of extension of this order into surrounding counties.
We will continue to monitor news coming out of California and keep you up-to-date on all the latest information!
Did you have travel plans to Disneyland that were impacted by the closures? Let us know in the comments!
Disneyland Resort News
- NEWS: Star Wars Trading Post is Getting a New Location in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney!
- BREAKING: Disneyland Will Be Ending Annual Passholder Program
- Disneyland’s Vaccine Distribution Site Is Open! Here’s What It Looks Like.
- Disney Has Further Confirmed THESE Projects for 2021 — But Left Out These 4
- NEWS: Disneyland Provides Updates About Upcoming Vaccine Distribution Site
- The Rise of Disney’s Trackless Ride Systems
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Will Host Mass Vaccination Site in Orange County
- PHOTO! Big Thunder Mountain Main Attraction Ears Have Been Stocked in Disneyland!
- NEWS: Sprinkles is Currently Closed in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney
- Legendary Disneyland Photographer Renie Bardeau Has Passed at the Age of 86
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!