And today, Disney announced that they will also be re-introducing a modified version of its Park Hopper system at the beginning of next year! However, there is one adjustment that could make a BIG difference when it comes to your experiences in the parks
When Park Hopping picks back up again in January 2021, guests who have a ticket or Annual Pass with Park Hopper benefits will be able to visit more than one park per day after 2 PM.
Since capacity measures are still in place, guests will need to make a Disney Park Pass reservation in the first park that they visit that day. However, park reservations for any additional parks are not required at the moment! All you’ll need is a valid Park Hopper ticket or Park Hopper benefit on your Annual Pass to visit multiple parks.
When we have spoken with Cast Members, we’ve been told that you will be able to return to the original park you started the day in, if park hopper hours are still available in that specific park. So, if you kicked off the day in the Magic Kingdom and popped over to EPCOT in the late afternoon, you could still head back to the Magic Kingdom if capacity and Park Hopping hours allow.
However, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be getting some pretty big changes with the Park Hopper system. Guests who choose the park as their second stop of the day will not be able to join the virtual queue at Rise of the Resistance. Even though you can join a Boarding Group outside the park as early as 7AM and again in the park at 2 PM, this switch means that you might not be able to visit the hit attraction at all in Disney’s Hollywood Studios if you aren’t visiting it as your first park of the day.
Since Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular attractions (and generally a major reason to head to the park), it could be beneficial to your plans to start your park hopping days off in Disney’s Hollywood Studios if you want to visit the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge ride.
The park has generally been opening around 10AM, which gives you plenty of time to head to Rise of the Resistance before checking out the other attractions around the park before park hopping hours begin at 2PM.
However, if you aren’t looking to visit Rise of the Resistance, Magic Kingdom might be the way to go if you’re looking to conquer more attractions before heading to other parks during the day. And, you can still come back to the park if you didn’t get the chance to hop on a must-do attraction or you just want to ride your favorites another time!
As you’re planning your park hopping days, it’s also important to keep in mind that you’ll want to continue checking the Disney World website for updated hours “as they could start earlier at a later date.” We’ll be sure to keep you updated on additional information about park hopping soon!
What Disney World park is your favorite to visit? Let us know in the comments below!
- Disney to Debut a Chadwick Boseman Tribute During ‘Black Panther’ on Disney+ Tonight
- HURRY! It’s the Last Day to Score Black Friday Savings on BoxLunch Merchandise!
- The Dreamy Tangled Dooney & Bourke Collection is Now Available Online!
- These Are the 8 Best Eats You’re Going to Want to Try at EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- PHOTOS: Here Are the Crowds We Saw in Disney World During Thanksgiving Weekend!
- Someone Was Missing from the Mickey & Friends Holiday Cavalcade in EPCOT Today!
- JOYFUL! Has Returned to the for the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays!
- PHOTOS! The Voices of Liberty Are Singing Loud for All to Hear Again in EPCOT!
- Start Shopping for Cyber Monday Deals on Disney Merchandise TOMORROW!
- NEWS! Disney Has Extended EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays Until New Year’s Eve!