Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings spoke yesterday at a press conference which provided some updates regarding the current state of the county and their recovery efforts in the wake of the global health crisis.
During the press conference, he commented on the positive progress being made, and if this progress meant any sort of relaxation would take place when it came to the county’s face mask mandate.
Currently, Orange County has a mandatory face mask policy which was implemented on June 20th.
Mayor Demings noted that the current positivity rate in the county is 4.9%, which was encouraging for him to see. Demings then said that he has been asked repeatedly if the declining positive cases could lead to a loosening in the face mask policy.
Demings responded by saying that he believes face masks are a large contributor for the low positivity rate, and that because of that, he has no immediate plans to relax the mask mandate.
Even if the county were to loosen their mask mandate, major theme parks including Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort would more than likely keep their face mask mandate in place for the time being.
Have you traveled to Central Florida in recent months? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World