Given Walt Disney World’s previous closure, Annual Passholders have been given two refund options regarding their passes.
Annual Passholders can refund their passes or receive an extension for the duration of Disney World’s closure plus one additional month. The next question is: How are the refunds calculated? We have an answer from Disney describing the refund calculation process for all Passholders.
The refund will vary between Passholders and is based on factors like previous down payments and whether the pass is new or a renewal. Disney released the following explanation for those who opted to cancel their pass.
The description states that if the pass exceeds the “usable value” the excess will be refunded. Usable value is described by Disney as being “equal [to] the total sale price of your pass(es) multiplied by the number of days that you could have visited any park prior to March 16 and divided by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation.”
To cancel your pass, you must call the V.I.PASSHOLDER line at (407) 939-7277 or refer to the email sent by Disney Destinations on July 14th, 2020.
Annual Passholders who opted to keep their pass will have their refunds processed differently. If the total amount that you already paid plus the total amount that you are obligated to pay exceeds the “usable value” of your pass, the excess amount will be automatically be refunded. If you chose this option, there is no need for further action and the extension will be processed automatically.
We will continue to keep you updated with information regarding Disney World Annual Passes and refunds.
Are you an Annual Passholder? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney Annual Passes
- Got a Premier Passport? Here’s How to Keep Disney World Access
- BREAKING: Disneyland Will Be Ending Annual Passholder Program
- There’s Now Only ONE Free MagicBand Choice for Disney World Annual Passholders
- The Big Questions We Still Have As We Approach a New Year at Walt Disney World
- Disney Passholders Can Now Get a Discount At EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- Did You Cancel Your Disney World Annual Pass? Make Sure to Check For Your Refund!
- NEWS: Tokyo Disneyland Will Be Suspending Annual Passes Indefinitely in the Parks
- PHOTOS: Annual Passholders Can Get Some Great NEW Magnets in Disney World!
- Legoland Florida Offers BIG Throwback Deal On Annual Passes For 2021
- NEWS: Disney Extends Annual Passholder Online Merchandise Discount!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!