Given Walt Disney World’s previous closure, Annual Passholders have been given two refund options regarding their passes.
Annual Passholders can refund their passes or receive an extension for the duration of Disney World’s closure plus one additional month. The next question is: How are the refunds calculated? We have an answer from Disney describing the refund calculation process for all Passholders.
The refund will vary between Passholders and is based on factors like previous down payments and whether the pass is new or a renewal. Disney released the following explanation for those who opted to cancel their pass.
The description states that if the pass exceeds the “usable value” the excess will be refunded. Usable value is described by Disney as being “equal [to] the total sale price of your pass(es) multiplied by the number of days that you could have visited any park prior to March 16 and divided by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation.”
To cancel your pass, you must call the V.I.PASSHOLDER line at (407) 939-7277 or refer to the email sent by Disney Destinations on July 14th, 2020.
Annual Passholders who opted to keep their pass will have their refunds processed differently. If the total amount that you already paid plus the total amount that you are obligated to pay exceeds the “usable value” of your pass, the excess amount will be automatically be refunded. If you chose this option, there is no need for further action and the extension will be processed automatically.
We will continue to keep you updated with information regarding Disney World Annual Passes and refunds.
Are you an Annual Passholder? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney Annual Passes
- Who is Walt Disney World for Right Now?
- NEWS! A Disney World Annual Passholder-Exclusive Shopping Event is Happening TOMORROW!
- Looking to Cancel Your Disney World Annual Pass Today? If You Can’t Get Through By Phone, Here’s What We Recommend
- Disney Outlines Options for Annual Passholder Refunds and Extensions Ahead of This Week’s Deadline
- NEWS! Disney World Issues Additional One-Month Extension to Some Annual Passholders Today
- Annual Passholders Can Save 30% on Their Bookings at Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Resorts This Summer!
- If You Have an Unactivated Annual Pass, You Can Still Reserve Your Spot for a Day in Disney World!
- Breaking Down Walt Disney World’s Annual Passholder Discounts and Perks
- SeaWorld Adds Free Upgrades for Annual Passholders Continuing Monthly Payments
- Disney Releases Information On How to Receive Partial Refunds for Annual Passes Due to Park Closures
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!