While restaurants, stores, and theme parks have re-opened in Florida, the state is still placing health and safety guidelines in place all around the state to keep visitors and residents safe.
Florida recently responded to spiking infection rates with bar closures and mask mandates (which may stick around through 2021). And the recent numbers show that these policies are working.
According to the WFLA, Florida’s percent positivity rate has dropped below 10% for the first time in 40 days. It’s important to note that the Florida Department of health measures percent positivity by the number of people who test positive for the first time with either PCR or antigen testing. Then, the number is divided by the total amount of people who were tested that same day. (People who are tested again after being positive previously are not included in the percent positivity of new cases. And while some testing facilities were closed due to Hurricane Isaias, positivity rate should scale appropriately.)
This past weekend, the percent positive dropped from the double digits to 9.28%. Since June 24th, this was the first time that Florida has seen the percent positivity under 10%.
As Florida continues to see downward trends in positivity rates and case numbers, officials have left in place the mask requirements and bar closure mandates to reduce the number of cases further. While we continue to explore theme parks and other places around Florida, we’ll keep you updated with the health and safety regulations in place!
Have you visited Florida recently? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World