After a little less than four months of being closed, the Magic Kingdom officially reopened today.
Though we’ve already reported on crowd levels (which seem to be fluctuating depending on where you are in the park), there’s one big question looming: What are the ride wait times like?!
Upon its grand reopening, Disney announced that it would not be using Fastpass or virtual queues for attractions. That means everything is standby.
At 9:30AM, shortly after the Magic Kingdom opened, that meant super short lines for most attractions. Peter Pan’s Flight, Tomorrowland Speedway, The Haunted Mansion, It’s a Small World, and more were posting just 5 minutes for their wait times.
The longest posted wait first thing in the morning? Splash Mountain, of course. It was recently announced that this log flume ride will be re-themed to The Princess and the Frog, so guests who want to head on down to the Laughin’ Place one more time took their chance.
At 10:15AM, lines for Dumbo, The Barnstormer, Haunted Mansion, and more remained super low.
However, some of E-ticket attractions saw their wait times crawl up. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was at 30 minutes, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad posted 35 minutes, and Splash Mountain was a 45-minute wait.
The longest line, though? Pirates of the Caribbean, which clocked in at 50 minutes.
Wait times seem to be fluctuating throughout the day as crowds move around the park. At 11AM, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train posted the longest wait at 40 minutes, even with Space Mountain temporarily closed. While that’s no insignificant amount of time, it pales in comparison to the hours-long waits we’ll see sometimes for this line during normal operations.
And what had the longest wait time at high noon? Tomorrowland staple Astro Orbitor, which had a whopping 50-minute wait. It was followed by Splash Mountain at 45 minutes, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ar half an hour. Still, no ride has posted an hour-plus wait time!
Still, plenty of rides at noon had reasonable wait times. Dumbo and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh were still posting 5 minutes…
…And Mad Tea Party, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spins were all 15 minutes or less.
As the midday heat hit at 1PM, Splash Mountain and its big waterfalls were posting the top wait time at 45 minutes, followed by Peter Pan’s Flight and Jungle Cruise at 35 minutes, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 30 minutes.
Plenty of things were still low, though, with Pirates of the Caribbean and The Barnstormer at 5 minutes…
…It’s a Small World at 15 minutes…
…and Space Mountain at 15 minutes.
At 3PM, we noticed several rides listed as temporarily closed! This could be due to weather-related issues, or several rides being down for cleaning.
However, by this point, the longest wait was for Jungle Cruise at 30 minutes, with most other rides somewhere in the ten to fifteen minute wait.
As we get towards the park’s closure at 7PM, wait times were down significantly, with the longest wait times clocking in at 25 minutes long.
Overall, wait times were definitely shorter than usual, especially considering it was the first official day back! We will continue to keep you updated on wait times at the parks, including when EPCOT and Hollywood Studios reopen on July 15th!
What are you most looking forward to riding next time you go to Magic Kingdom? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World