Since Disney World announced their plans to reopen their theme parks on July 11th and July 15th, we’ve seen a ton of surprising changes coming to the Most Magical Place on Earth.
Disney’s Disability Access Service, or DAS, will be “fully operational” when the parks reopen, per a conversation we had with a Cast Member.
DAS is a complimentary service that Disney offers their guests who need special accommodations when waiting in line for attractions. To utilize DAS, a guest would visit an attraction and receive a return time from a Cast Member based on the current wait time. During their return time window, the guest and their party utilize a separate entrance to experience the attraction.
No further details were available when we spoke with the Cast Member, including which entrance guests would use. It was recently announced that FastPass+ would be temporarily suspended so Disney could utilize the additional queue space to accommodate social distancing, so some attractions that used the FastPass+ queue for DAS may need new accommodations. Still, this is a great update for those families who rely on DAS to make their Disney World experience even more magical!
We will continue to update with any further developments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World