As Florida continues its phased reopening, we are starting to see proposals from both the small and large theme parks of the state regarding their reopening.
Last week, we reported that smaller attractions such as Gatorland and Fun Spot had put in their proposals for reopening, and today Universal Orlando shared that they would like permission to start a phased reopening in early June.
While Universal Orlando might be the largest of the theme parks listed, these are the other attractions that have submitted proposals for reopening to Florida, along with the date they have proposed.
- Nona Adventure Park — May 20th
- FACE Amusement Group — May 21st
- Fun Spot of Florida — May 22nd
- Orlando Slingshot — May 22nd
- Orlando Starflyer — May 22nd
- I-Drive Thrill Park — May 22nd
- K1 Speed Orlando — May 22nd
- Gatorland — May 23rd
- Aloma Bowl and Boardwalk Bowl — May 27th
- Andretti’s Indoor Karting and Gaming — May 27th
- Wonderworks Orlando — May 20th
- ICON Park Orlando — June 3rd
Universal Orlando is now the latest addition to the list, submitting their proposal to the Orange County Task Force for a reopening date of June 5th to the general public (with a proposed phased reopening to team members and annual passholders in the days prior).
Additionally, earlier today it was announced that Legoland Florida in Winter Haven had so far received local permission to reopen on June 1st.
So far, Disney World and SeaWorld have not submitted their own proposals for reopening to Florida’s Orange County Task Force, but seemingly will be doing so in the future, as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has asked for proposals from all of the major theme parks.
While SeaWorld does not yet have a date for a presentation or proposal, a representative for the theme park did state in a meeting with Vice President Mike Pence that they would like to open by the end of June.
We will continue to bring you updates regarding the theme parks, as well as the reopening of Florida at large.
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History