Universal Orlando is often thought to be the more thrilling theme park experience in central Florida, offering a selection of thrill rides that exceed those seen at the perhaps more iconic Walt Disney World theme parks.
Universal Orlando is comprised of two parks, one water park, a dining and entertainment district, and on-site hotels. It is possible to plan and enjoy a full vacation at Universal Orlando without leaving the property to experience other theme parks and attractions.
Below we cover the basics: attractions in each park, CityWalk dining and shopping, planning tips, Universal Dining Plans, and the Universal Express Pass.
Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
Fast & Furious: Supercharged
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
Men in Black: Alien Attack
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
Revenge of the Mummy
The Simpsons Ride
Transformers: The Ride 3D
Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster
Universal’s Islands of Adventure Attractions
Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
Flight of the Hippogriff
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Jurassic Park: The Ride
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Popeye and Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
Skull Island: Reign of Kong
Storm Force Accelatron
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
The Cat In The Hat
The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride
The Incredible Hulk Coaster
Guests at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure may opt to purchase a Universal Express Pass to skip the regular lines. More on Universal Express Pass option below in Planning Information.
Universal’s Volcano Bay Attractions
Honu Ika Moana
Kopiko Wai Winding River
Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides
Puka Uli Lagoon
TeAwa the Fearless River
Tot Tiki Reef
Volcano Bay uses the TapuTapu wearable, a free device given to guests when they enter the water park. Guests tap their TapuTapu wearables at designated tiki screens to join a virtual queue for attractions. Guests can only tap into the queue for one queue at a time. Guests who want to skip the regular line and save even more time can purchase the Volcano Bay Pass ($19.99) which allows users to skip the regular line once per attraction.
Universal CityWalk is Universal’s dining, shopping, and entertainment district. This space is centered on both parks, allowing guests of the parks easy access to everything this area has to offer.
Universal CityWalk Dining
Counter Service Restaurants
- Bread Box Handcrafted Sandwiches
- BK Whopper Bar
- Cold Stone Creamery
- Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake Bar
- Hot Dog Hall of Fame
- Lone Palm Airport
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Panda Express Gourmet Chinese Food
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery
- Starbucks Coffee
- Voodoo Doughnut
Table Service Restaurants
- Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food
- Bob Marley – A Tribute to Freedom
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market
- The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar
- Hard Rock Cafe Orlando
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville
- NBC Sports Grill & Brew
- Pat O’Brien’s
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen
- VIVO Italian Kitchen
- Auntie Anne’s
- Coke Icon Cart
- Dippin Dots
- Hub Cart
Bars or Lounges
- Fat Tuesday
- Red Coconut Club
- Rising Star
Bob Marley — A Tribute to Freedom
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market (restaurant shop)
Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville (restaurant shop)
Hard Rock Cafe Orlando (restaurant shop)
The Island Clothing Store
NASCAR Sports Grill (restaurant shop)
Pat O’Brien’s (restaurant shop)
Quiet Flight Surf Shop
Hart & Huntington Tattoo Shop
Universal Studios Store
Dockside Inn & Suites
Surfside Inn & Suites
Prime Value Hotels
Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
Hard Rock Hotel
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Ticket Types and Pricing
Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure Ticketing
1-Day One Park ticket: $119 (adult) / $114 (children 3-9)
The 1-Day One Park ticket allows entry to one park (Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure) for one day. Riding the Hogwarts Express is not included in this option.
2-Park 1-Day ticket: $174 (adult) / $169 (children 3-9
The 2-Park 1-Day ticket allows entry to both parks and access to riding Hogwarts Express between the two parks.
Volcano Bay Ticketing
1-Day Volcano Bay ticket: $80 (adult) / $75 (children 3-9)
Universal Express Pass and Express Pass Unlimited are a cost on top of park admission. Ticket Combos allow guests to bundle their park tickets and Universal Express Pass.
There are several options for Annual Passes that range from those including block-out dates to those with no restrictions. For full details (including payment options) click here.
The VIP Experience starts at $189.99 per person and includes a VIP tour guided by a Universal Orlando expert. This includes front-of-the-line access for “most” popular rides and attractions. The VIP Experience requires separately-purchased park admission. The VIP Experience options include:
- A 1-Day, 2-Park Experience seven-hour tour with priority access to at least ten attractions.
- A 1-Day, 1-Park Experience five-hour tour with priority access to at least eight attractions of your choice.
Both Experience options include complimentary breakfast and lunch, behind the scenes access, a Universal Express pass Unlimited, reserved seating for shows, and a CityWalk Party Pass.
Contact the VIP Call Center at (866) 346-9350.
For information on Private VIP Experiences, click here.
Parking (current as of March 1st, 2022)
Prime Parking: $60
Prime Upgrade: $33*
RV/Bus Parking: $32
Regular Parking: $27
*Car rentals with Avis and Budget from the Orlando International Airport may receive a complimentary upgrade to Prime Parking
$27 for 2 hours
$75 for over 2 hours
$27 for 2 hours
$40 for over 2 hours
$50 for over 2 hours on Mardi Gras concert nights
For Preferred Annual Passholders
50% off valet* (After first visit, and subject to availability)
For Premier Annual Passholders
Free* (Subject to availability)
Regular Parking Fee Reimbursement available for guests who present two or more Universal Cinemark matinee movie tickets (11AM-6PM). Fee is paid upon parking; reimbursement is available when showing parking ticket at the theater.
Parking Garage Address (Theme Parks and Universal CityWalk)
6000 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
Volcano Bay Parking
Follow signs on property for dedicated Volcano Bay guest parking on the first level of the parking garage. A shuttle carries guests from the parking garage to the water park.
Things to Know About Parking
The parking garage uses moving sidewalks, escalators, and elevators. Wheelchair rentals are available on-site in the parking garage. If guests need to leave Universal and come back later in the day, the can do so by showing their same-day parking ticket to the toll booth operator upon returning.
Add Express Pass to your Universal day to skip the lines at most of the parks’ attractions.
Universal Express: The least expensive Express Pass option allows users to skip the regular lines one time per participating attraction at one park per pass. Pricing starts at $69.99.
Universal Express Unlimited: The Unlimited Pass allows users to skip the regular lines at participating attractions an unlimited number of times at one park per pass. Pricing starts at $89.99.
Volcano Bay Pass: The Volcano Bay Pass allows guests of the water park to skip the virtual line once per participating attraction. Pricing starts at $19.99.
Universal Express is included free when guests at a Universal Premier category hotel. These hotels are the Loews Royal Pacific Resort, the Hard Rock Hotel, and the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
Attractions included in the Express Pass and Express Pass Unlimited include:
Universal Studios Florida
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts™
- Hogwarts™ Express (Park-to-Park admission ticket required)
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
- TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D™
- Fast & Furious – Supercharged
- MEN IN BLACK™ Alien Attack™
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
- The Simpsons Ride™
- Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
- Revenge of the Mummy
- E.T. Adventure
- Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster
Universal’s Islands Of Adventure
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
- Hogwarts™ Express (Park-to-Park admission ticket required)
- Flight of the Hippogriff™
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster®
- Storm Force Accelatron®
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall®
- Jurassic Park River Adventure
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!™
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls®
- Poseidon’s Fury
Universal’s Volcano Bay
- Krakatau Aqua Coaster
- Punga Racers
- Maku of Maku Puihi Round Raft Rides
- Puihi of Maku Puihi Round Raft Rides
- Honu of Honu ika Moana
- ika Moana of Honu ika Moana
- Taniwha Tubes
Additional Volcano Bay Rides Available with Express PLUS:
- Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides
- Ko’okiri Body Plunge
- Ohyah of Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides
- Ohno of Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides
Universal Dining Plan
There are three levels of Universal Dining Plans. Prices below do not include tax and are priced for adults. Over 100 dining locations participate in the Universal Dining Plan. Click here to browse the list of participating establishments.
- Universal Dining Plan: This plan is available only as part of a vacation package and provides users with one full-service meal per day, one quick-service meal per day, one snack per day, and one non-alcoholic beverage per day. Pricing unavailable as this plan is only available in combination with a vacation package.
- Universal Dining Plan — Quick Service: This plan includes one quick-service meal per day, one snack per day, and one non-alcoholic beverage per day. The Quick-Service plan is $25.99 per day.
- Universal Dining Plan — Quick Service + Coca-Cola freestyle Souvenir Cup: This plan includes one quick-service meal per day and one snack per day. Also included is a souvenir Coca-Cola freestyle cup and 1-day unlimited Coca-Cola freestyle beverage. This plan is $34.99 per day.
- Coca-Cola freestyle Souvenir Cup: This option includes a Coca-Cola freestyle Souvenir Cup and 1-day unlimited Coca-Cola freestyle beverage. This option is $16.99 per day.
Universal Orlando offers an on-site kennel for cats and dogs. Click here for more information.
Official Universal Orlando Resort App
The Official Universal Orlando Resort App is a handy tool to help guests:
- Purchase tickets
- Access the Universal Dining Plans
Search attraction wait times and show times and set alerts for when times are low
Filter information by park, ride type, dining, shopping, and shows
Set a parking reminder
Place a counter service order before arriving at the restaurant
Get a customized map for directions throughout the property
Allow notifications of for special offers, events, and Universal announcements