There’s no doubt that the travel industry is taking a drastic hit in 2020, and all signs point to a slow and difficult road to recovery ahead.
Orlando Sentinel reported today that foreign tourism may not return to pre-pandemic levels in the United States until 2024.
Christopher Thompson, president and CEO of Brand USA, shared his predictions with the members of the Economic Club of Florida. Thompson, who was the former chief operating officer and president of Visit Florida, noted that even the presence of a vaccine won’t be enough for tourism to return to normal levels.
This isn’t the first time we’re hearing news of foreign tourism facing such a bleak future in the short-term. The popular European travel company TUI has canceled all American-bound holidays through December of 2020, and Virgin Atlantic has continued to delay when they will resume flights to the United States.
Thompson hopes to inspire travel to the United States organically and to not force travel on anyone. At the same time, however, he pointed out that travelers have to feel healthy and safe while they travel as well as at their destination in order for international travel to be at the levels it once was.
Do you live outside of the U.S.? When do you think you will be able to travel abroad again? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!