Although we’ve been enjoying our time back in Disney World, D23 has been keeping its members occupied with all sorts of entertainment and news!
And, if you’re a part of the Disney fan club, you’re going to fall in love with the latest issue of the D23 member publication coming soon!
D23’s newest issue will celebrate the Disney Parks from around the world with wrap-around artwork of the attractions and snacks by Disney artist Ricky De Los Angeles on the cover.
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro has also written the “Editor’s Letter” for this edition, including interviews with Disney Legends Tony Baxter and Wing T. Chao, Imagineers Tom Fitzgerald and Bhavna Mistry, original Mouseketeer Bobby Burgess, and Walt Disney Imagineering President Bob Weis.
The upcoming D23 issue will also have stories written throughout the book about:
- Character Analysis: Park Stars: “Beloved characters created just for Disney parks, from the Orange Bird and Figment to the Country Bears and Chandu, written by Disney Parks’ Charles Stovall”
- Dateline Disneyland: July 17, 1955: “A guided tour of Disneyland on opening day by D23’s Manager of Content Curation (and former Disneyland Park tour guide) Justin Arthur”
- National Treasures: “Stunning images from several of National Geographic’s many trips to the parks from National Geographic’s Caitlin Holbrook”
- Picturing the Parks: “A curated look at some of the most beloved attraction posters from Disney’s parks around the world written by Disney Publishing’s Editorial Director Wendy Lefkon”
- Rooms with a View: “The evolution of Disney’s immersive resorts and vacation experiences from the Disneyland Hotel to a galaxy far, far away by Disney Vacation Club’s Ryan March”
- Walt’s Map to the Magic: “A deep dive into the inspiration, planning, and creation of Disneyland penned by Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline and publication editor Max Lark”
D23 is also rolling out an exclusive pin set for Gold and Gold Family Members with 6-pins designed by Ricky De Los Angeles. The pins include the Sleeping Beauty Castle from Disneyland, Matterhorn Bobsleds from Disneyland, Ratatouille: The Adventure from Disneyland Paris, Spaceship Earth from Disney World, Mystic Manor from Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, and one inspired by Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge from Disneyland and Disney World. The pins will be available on shopDisney for $49.99 on August 31st.
The D23 issue will also include a look at every Disney Castle, Cast Members from around the world, Disney entertainment, and an advance sneak peek at the Holiday Magic in the Disney Parks book.
Are you a D23 member? Let us know in the comments below!