Galactic travelers, your attention please! We’ve spotted changes to the menu at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo in Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge today.
Some of the changes are surprising given the goal of making the land immersive.
We found some minor changes and tweaks to the actual food at Docking Bay 7. For instance, we’ve seen the addition of papaya and cashews to the Shrimp and Noodle Salad as well as a new choice between mashed potatoes or mac and cheese with your Fried Chicken.
And, in line with the introduction of new plant-based options around the parks, there’s a new vegetarian kids menu option called the Impossible Marinara and Pasta.
The most noticeable changes though, are not to the food but to the menu itself. On the lunch and dinner menu, the otherworldly Star Wars names have been removed!
That’s right, Fried Endorian Tip-Yip is now just… Fried Chicken. The simplified names do seem a little lackluster.
According to cast members at the Docking Bay, the names were changed to help with guest confusion. Still, we have to say that it makes Galaxy’s Edge a little less immersive to order “Fried Chicken” on what’s supposed to be a far away outpost.
The themed names are still on the breakfast menu at least. We can’t complain too much if guests are less confused due to the name changes but the galactic names were a lot more fun.
Are you unhappy with the name changes at Docking Bay 7, or glad you don’t have to try to say “Ithorian” anymore? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Want to learn more about Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge? We can help!
- All the Essentials: Accessibility, Creature Comforts, a Drop, and More on Disney’s Newest Ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Eating in a Galaxy Far, Far Away: The Basics of Star Wars Land’s Restaurants
- More Menu Item Name Changes at Docking Bay 7 in Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Tips for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Opening Day: Transportation and Resort Dining Hours, Extra, Extra Magic Hours, and More!
- Dedication Ceremony Held at Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Ahead of Tomorrow’s Grand Opening