Recipes Sweet Potato Pancakes The Wave Contemporary Resort
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (from about 1 small sweet potato)
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pecan-Honey Butter Ingredients:
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; whisk until combined.
3. Combine milk, brown sugar, sweet potato, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl; whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just blended.
4. Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat until a few drops of water sizzle on the surface. If using an electric skillet, 5. preheat to 350 degrees F.
6. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto skillet. Cook on first side until tops bubble and sides look dry; flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
7. Place cooked pancakes on a baking sheet and place into preheated oven to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter.
For Pecan-Honey Butter:
1. Stir together butter, honey and pecans in a medium bowl.
2. Top pancakes with honey-pecan butter and serve immediately.