Recipe ‘Ohana Green Beans ‘Ohana Restaurant Polynesian Resort
Yield: 6 servings
2 lb. fresh green beans
1 medium red onion, sliced ½ inch thick
3 cloves fresh garlic (whole)
3 TBS canola or vegetable oil
2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
2 TBS granulated sugar
½ tsp Kosher salt
To Taste – fresh ground black pepper
1 lb. bacon, crispy, crumbled
1. Wash green beans in cold water. Snip both ends and break in half.
2. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add beans and blanch for 1 minute. Strain.
3. Heat a wok or fry pan over medium high heat. Add oil, then add garlic and sliced onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add green beans and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes depending on how well done you prefer your beans cooked.
5. Add soy, seasonings and continue to stir-fry for 1 more minute.
6. Adjust seasonings if desired.
7. Garnish with crispy crumbled bacon pieces.