Reviews of Frozen Ever After

Reviewed by Piper2010 Review Date: 07/23/2022

Cute ride but nothing special. For sure not worth the super long waits that it has. Little kids that are fans of Frozen will love this ride but it doesn’t really have much more going for it

Pros:

Great for Frozen fans Good for all ages

Cons:

Nothing special Unjustified loooong waits!

Reviewed by CatherineattheCastle Review Date: 06/29/2022

Kids will love this ride for the Frozen theme and parents will love this ride for the (albeit minimal) thrill factor. Beware, though -- the line is always long and it's usually the ride that people rope drop. Norway is also a small pavilion so there isn't much to do there outside of wait in line, which sometimes flows out into the World Showcase walkway.

Pros:

Kids will probably love, animatronics are cute

Cons:

Goes backwards, small drop, Frozen, you may get wet!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/21/2022

Waited in a 55 minute line which was way too much. The best part was seeing Olaf at the beginning. It was not a smooth ride and was bumpy.

Pros:

Frozen animatronics and music.

Cons:

Got wet. Screened faces on animatronics didn’t work very well.

Reviewed by TeacherManJoe Review Date: 05/31/2022

Look, discussions about Frozen Ever After are FROUGHT with those who lament the loss of Maelstrom to become this ride. As someone who loved Maelstrom and it’s storytelling, I get it. I am also not going to sit here and be ignorant to the fact that Frozen is using the same ride system just re-themed to Frozen.

However, all of that is still not enough to make me suggest that this is not a fun ride, because it absolutely is! Some great animatronics, a chance to take a boat ride into Arendel and see some of the most popular characters in all of Disney IP, and a fun little drop at the end that is JUST thrilling enough without being too much, make this ride well worth a try.

I get it. Frozen is not true Nordic history, and “EPCOT has abandoned its commitment to edutainment”. However, I disagree on both accounts, as the best edutainment adapts to the interests and tastes of the time. And Frozen is ABSOLUTELY the interest of the time. Open the door to Nordic culture with Frozen and then the real magic of the actual culture is more accessible and connectable. But I digress.

Go on Frozen Ever After if you can. It’s fun, it’s well executed, and it’s delightful for Frozen fans (AKA everyone).

One major gripe: The wait times for this start pretty high and don’t often drop much throughout the day. The ride is worth a 45-60 minute wait. Try not to wait longer. The queue is fun though!

Pros:

Fun ride with light thrills Great use of the IP and music

Cons:

Wait times often far longer than is ideal

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/20/2022

Shouldn’t have made all riders’ pants so wet. I was walking around with a soggy bottom all afternoon after the ride, which hadn’t dried 2 hours after. Make it less wet, or provide a poncho for riders if it’s going to be that wet.

Pros:

Cons:

1) super wet, even the seats are soaked when you first sit on it - effectively, this soaks your pants even before the ride even begins. 2) long queues not worth it

Reviewed by Orion Review Date: 05/20/2022

I liked the frozen movies, but the ride was just meh. I rode the new version of this ride for the first time in 2021, and it will likely be a 1 & done for me. I actually loved Maelstrom, but will admit it was dated . I would still pick Maelstrom over frozen given the choice. Even though Maelstrom was a Disney-fied version of Vikings/ folk stories, I feel it was better than slapping a bunch of popular frozen characters in a ride. Hot take I know…fight me…shakes fist…JK please don’t actually fight me.

Pros:

Popular IP Good for families with children Updated tech used well

Cons:

A bunch of popular IP slapped into the frame of another ride IP characters VS. original to pavilion characters LONG LINE

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/03/2022

This ride is so cool!!! I love the part where you go backwards and the big drop at the end. If you’re staying at an EPCOT resort, I recommend rope dropping this one because most people rope drop ratatouille. My family was staying at the Beach Club, so we were able to walk to EPCOT, rope drop frozen, and then use lightning lane for ratatouille. When we got on frozen, it was a posted 25 minute wait, but was actually 2 minutes with hardly any people there, and we got on and off the ride very quickly. Frozen ever after is very fun and cool! I love it and think lots of frozen fans will want to ride this one.

Pros:

Goes backwards, animatronics are incredible, you can meet Anna and Elsa next to the ride, during flower and garden you can find Anna, Elsa, and Olaf topiary

Cons:

Hard to get on IF ratatouille is down, but that doesn’t really happen much so there’s not really a con for this one

Reviewed by thesfamily Review Date: 02/21/2022

LOVED this ride! It was definitely in our top 3 rides during our visit to 3 of the 4 Disney Parks. We rode it twice during our visit to Epcot.

Pros:

Fun!

Cons:

Some smaller children might be scared of the smaller drop during the ride.

Reviewed by Perkisizing Review Date: 02/12/2022

Yoo hoo! I never rode Maelstrom, but this ride is very charming, relaxing, and just a bit thrilling. The animatronics are great, and I like the projected faces. They may not look as good on camera, but in real life it works! The line does get long so be wary. You may wanna fancy ride this one

Pros:

Charming, fun, cool animatronics, relaxing.

Cons:

Long lines

Reviewed by MJandJimmy Review Date: 01/26/2022

Hot take...yes...I know.

Loved the movie. And yes, the ride is wonderful, as you get a brief recap of the movie, sort of. But the line versus the hype/fun ratio just doesn't add up for me. The ride is over way to quickly for the amount of time spent in line, even when planning and going there as soon as they allow you.

I loved the village theming while in line, but after riding it once, it falls into the once and done category.

I do recommend it at least once, if just getting to see the village waiting in line.

Pros:

Great abridged version of the favorite movie moments.

Cons:

The face mapping was a bit off on our ride, so it was a bit...creepy, but generally the line is always long for this one. It falls into the once and done category for me.

Other topics in Epcot Rides and Attractions