Reviews of Mission: SPACE

Reviewed by GraceElizabeth Review Date: 01/12/2021

Definitely my least favorite ride in Epcot. The green side is boring, and the orange side is too intense.

Pros:

Space lovers will like it.

Cons:

Both sides are very tight and you may feel claustrophobic. The orange side could make you throw up if you just ate.

Reviewed by KayleyB17 Review Date: 01/03/2021

This is a cool ride for people that enjoy outer space but it is definitely not a must do. I wouldn’t wait longer than 30 minutes for it.

Pros:

Cool theme

Cons:

Can be really intense

Reviewed by AndPeggy51 Review Date: 12/08/2020

I have only been on the orange version of this ride, so I cannot speak for green. I ride this ride even though it makes me sick. I ride it even though I'm claustrophobic. It's really cool. Everyone has their own role, which means that they just push the blinking buttons, but you can't fail like you can on Smuggler's Run. Overall, I think that it is a good ride in spite of making me sick.

Pros:

Great for space fans and thrill seekers. That G-Force!

Cons:

Two words: Motion Sickness. Also, the area at the end desperately needs updating.

Reviewed by Pankropticus Review Date: 12/04/2020

Oh dear. Where to start. If you love terrible video game graphics and nausea, she's your gal. If not, give this ride plenty of Space.

Pros:

I guess this will help promote Space 2020?

Cons:

All of it.

Reviewed by DisneyFanBr Review Date: 11/30/2020

Such an awesome ride, I was seriosly impressed! The technology is amazing, you'll never ride something quite like it.

Pros:

There are two sides, so you can choose if you want the full experience or the lite version.

Cons:

It's only for older kids and up.

Reviewed by tga1828 Review Date: 11/20/2020

I went in to this ride with more of an expectation. I rode the "Yellow" version, which was more tame compared to others in our group who went on "Green". I still expected a little more. I noticed that the controls and buttons didn't really react when you manipulated them.

Pros:

Good walk-on. Great visual effects. My 7 year old actually asked if we were in the air.

Cons:

Tame (Yellow)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/07/2020

Oh, Mission Space. Even though I have been going to Epcot since it opened, I had never ridden Mission Space, because I never wanted to stand in line for it. Then I saw Molly's review, and when the parks reopened, and there were not many people there I went on it (one person per capsule.) I loved it. It did not make me motion sick, and the feel of the added gravity from the centerfuge was actually pretty cool. Its a simulator, and it doesn't change, and the things you do don't affect the 'mission' so the re-rideability is maybe not great but everyone should try it once. I now go every other time I am in Epcot and have found myself randomly hitting buttons Molly style in it.

Pros:

Interesting technology - you will not find a ride like this elsewhere. You can encounter heavier than earth gravity.

Cons:

THey really do have barf bags in the capsules and if you are subject to motion sickness, there is no place to go but into one of them because you are literally sealed into a capsule with a console pressed up against you.

Reviewed by MegYavoich Review Date: 10/29/2020

I feel like I need to leave two different reviews for this ride. Both because there are two ride experience options which are technically the same ride, but VERY different in the intensity factor and in that some members of my family LOVE it and some will never do it again. The orange side is super stimulating and fun if you are able to stand the tight spaces and major motion sickness possibility from the VR aspect and the spinning that happens to simulate the G forces of taking off into space combined with the "shuttle" being whipped around a bit during landing. I love it, my son loves it, my husband... not so much. My in laws and daughter did the Green version and even that upset my mother in law's stomach, but she is super prone to motion sickness. My father in law said it was "fine" and my daughter seemed to enjoy it at least a little.

Pros:

Two different ride options. Orange - Thrill seekers who can stand the motion sickness possibility will love it. It's super exciting.

Cons:

Orange - Causes a lot of people to feel sick. Green - Described as "okay" because it loses out on some of the cooler aspects.

Reviewed by Camila Review Date: 10/21/2020

Ruined my sisters morning. The green side is just ok, but the orange side is horrible

Pros:

interesting for people who like the space

Cons:

The orange side gets you nauseous and your body is weak, bad for claustrophobic people

Reviewed by JJKHughes04 Review Date: 09/15/2020

The green side is definitely for those with a weaker constitution. We did the orange side last time and I almost had an anxiety attack walking through due to all the warnings but the ride wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Definitely more intense than the green though.

Pros:

the graphics are fun, I like the interactive buttons

Cons:

I wish they would update it to where the buttons actually did something.

Other topics in Epcot Rides and Attractions