Heading to Disney World? You’ll want to be prepared!
All kinds of curveballs could disrupt your trip plans, like technical issues, changes you weren’t aware of, and monorail problems. But you’ll also want to watch out for another important thing — ride closures.
Some rides close due to scheduled refurbishment projects, but others can close unexpectedly and suddenly without warning! We’ve seen this happen quite a bit over the past few weeks and months, and now it has happened again.
On the morning of March 16th, Space Mountain was temporarily CLOSED in Magic Kingdom.
Sometimes these sudden closures only last a few minutes, while other times they last several hours. It all depends on what has caused the closure.
Here’s what to do if a ride suddenly closes during your trip:
- Check the My Disney Experience app constantly for updates (if a wait time is displayed, you’ll know the ride has likely reopened!)
- Ask Cast Members outside of the attraction if they know what has happened and if they have a better idea about when the ride might reopen
- Come up with a plan “B” in case one of your must-do rides unexpectedly closes
- Mentally prepare little ones for potential closures by discussing the possibility at home
- Use that closure time to knock other things off of your list, take a break, grab a snack, or otherwise utilize your time in the park!
We’ll keep an eye out for more updates and let you know what we find!
Have you ever experienced a temporary closure in Disney World? Tell us about your experience in the comments.