Been trying to get a reservation at Be Our Guest or other popular Disney World restaurants and unable to snag a spot? Well, a few days ago you may have found quite a bit of availability at a LOT of Disney restaurants and maybe even made a few hard-to-get reservations of your own.
That same day, however, we noticed that the Disney World dining reservations website was experiencing some technical difficulties. We were unsure if that influx of reservation availability was due to these technical issues and what, if anything, would happen to those reservations if it was, but now we’ve got an update.
A Disney representative has confirmed that Disney’s dining reservation system experienced some technical difficulties on November 3rd, which caused more dining reservation availability to appear on Disney’s website for times and locations that were actually already booked. Basically, these extra reservations appeared in error.
Keeping all of these reservations wouldn’t allow Disney to maintain appropriate social distancing and capacity limits in its restaurants, so the dining and experience reservations that were made available and booked because of this technical error will be automatically canceled.
Guests whose reservations are canceled because of this technical glitch, however, will be sent a $25 digital Disney gift card that they can then use during their next Disney vacation.
Also, Disney has resolved the technical issue that the website was experiencing, so if your reservation gets canceled or if you’re simply looking to make new or different reservations, you can now go on the website or the My Disney Experience app to make your dining and experience reservations once again.
We’ll definitely keep an eye out for any more updates regarding this situation or anything else that may impact your future Disney vacation. If we hear of anything new, we will certainly let you know!
More Stories about Walt Disney World
- Could a New Popcorn Kiosk Be Coming to EPCOT? Here’s What We Know!
- 16 Stunning Disney World Wallpapers to Bring a Little Magic to Your Phone or Desktop
- PHOTOS! Popular Disney World Starbucks Tumbler Gets a NEW Look!
- NEWS: Another Disney Springs Retail Location Will Be Permanently Closing
- This Galaxy’s Edge Shop Has Been Using a Virtual Waitlist in Disney World Today!
- PHOTOS: NEW Valentine’s Day Minnie Ears Have Arrived in Disney World!
- PHOTOS: Work Begins On Disney World’s Osceola Parkway Welcome Gate!
- AllEars TV: EPCOT’s Secrets Make This Scavenger Hunt INTENSE
- 3 Times Disney Forgot to Use Spell Check 😂
- PHOTOS: First Look at Exclusive M&M Designs Coming to Disney Springs!