As the Disney Parks deal with an astounding 28,000 layoffs of Cast Members in its domestic parks, multiple unions have provided details on the employment of their members.
Since much of the entertainment featured in Disney World has been suspended, performers have particularly taken a hit as the Citizens of Hollywood, Festival of The Lion King, and numerous other shows have let go Cast Members.
After the news of which entertainers would be let go in the parks, the Actors’ Equity Association released an announcement stating that most of their Equity member employees in Disney World would be laid off.
Previously, there were around 780 Equity members working at the various shows. However, 720 employees have been laid off with only 60 currently working in the parks or returning to Disney World soon.
The Actors’ Equity Association has noted that their agreement with Disney outlines that the Cast Members who were let go still maintain recall rights until the end of 2021. The full list of employees in Disney World that are affected include Cast Members from Festival of the Lion King, Hoop de Doo Musical Revue, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, the Citizens of Main Street, Green Army Men from Toy Story Land, Jedi Training Academy, and Finding Nemo The Musical.
Kate Shindle, the president of the Actors’ Equity Association, has said that “Our hearts go out to all the cast members at Walt Disney World. Disney has made it clear that our members would face work reductions since they announced layoffs of nearly 28,000 employees. That does not make this news any less painful. These reductions are another tragic reminder that until the virus is brought under control with a national strategy for masks, testing and contact tracing, everyone who works in the arts needs help like extended pandemic unemployment insurance and federal COBRA health insurance subsidies.”
Although Disneyland hasn’t opened its parks yet, entertainment like Mickey’s Magical Map and Frozen Live at the Hyperion have also been canceled during this time. As more news about Disney’s employees comes to light, we’ll be sure to provide you with all the information you need to know.
What has been your favorite show to watch in Disney World over the years? Let us know in the comments below!
- Merch Alert! 🚨 Disney Fans Will Love These 6 Cyber Monday Deals!
- We’ve Seen Face Coffee in Disney World, But Now There Are Face DONUTS Too!
- Darth Vader Actor David Prowse Passes Away at the Age of 85
- Disney to Debut a Chadwick Boseman Tribute During ‘Black Panther’ on Disney+ Tonight
- HURRY! It’s the Last Day to Score Black Friday Savings on BoxLunch Merchandise!
- The Dreamy Tangled Dooney & Bourke Collection is Now Available Online!
- These Are the 8 Best Eats You’re Going to Want to Try at EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- PHOTOS: Here Are the Crowds We Saw in Disney World During Thanksgiving Weekend!
- Someone Was Missing from the Mickey & Friends Holiday Cavalcade in EPCOT Today!
- JOYFUL! Has Returned to the for the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays!