While Disneyland has yet to announce a reopening date, there are still a few ways Disney fans can get their fix in Southern California! In addition to taking a trip to Downtown Disney, you can also visit the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, just a quick drive from Disneyland!
The Bowers Museum has been the home of a Disney history exhibit called “Inside the Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Preserving the Magic” since early March. The exhibit is filled with nearly 500 rare Disney artifacts and items from the company’s archive collection. Unfortunately, most of the exhibit’s residency has been impacted by the pandemic, and the museum has been forced to remain closed since shortly after its debut.
Orange County Register has reported that the museum as well as the “Inside the Walt Disney Archives” exhibit will be reopening tomorrow, September 12th! Since Orange County moved into the next phase of reopening, museums can resume indoor operations with limited capacity. In addition to the museum’s reopening, it was also announced that the “Inside the Walt Disney Archives” exhibit has been extended until February 28th, 2021 to give more guests an opportunity to visit.
The museum has implemented a number of new health and safety guidelines to keep their staff and visitors safe. Guests must have their temperatures taken upon entry, wear face masks at all times and observe social distancing protocols. The museum will also provide more virtual opportunities for guests, including mobile device features that share museum highlights and fun facts, along with an online portal where guests can interact and share their experiences from the museum.
Interested in taking a visit? Entrance to the “Inside the Walt Disney Archives” exhibit costs $23-25 for adults, $20-22 for students and seniors, and $5 for children ages 3-11. The museum is open Tuesdays through Sundays.
Have you ever visited the Walt Disney Archives or any type of Disney museum exhibit? Share your experience in the comments!
More Disney News!
- Here’s Where You Can Find the Big Thunder Mountain Minnie Mouse Plush at Disney World!
- NEWS! Disney Adds ‘Inclusion’ as Fifth Key for Their Cast Member Training
- NEWS: Disney Shares a FIRST LOOK at Upcoming Polynesian Village Resort Refurb!
- PHOTOS: Explore EPCOT with Us During Our Full Day in the Park!
- The Sanderson Sisters Have Flown into Starbucks with Three ‘Hocus Pocus’ Themed Drinks This Halloween!
- Hungry for More Fish and Chips Merchandise? Then, You’ll Be Chuffed to See This ENTIRE Collection of Items in EPCOT!
- Boys and Girls of Every Age Can See Something Strange with ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas Ears’ Now in Disneyland!
- Rest In Peace on the Haunted Mansion’s Madame Leota Pillow You Can Find in Disney World (If You Dare)!
- Disney’s Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction Series Sold Out QUICK Online!
- NEWS: ‘Black Widow’ Release Date Delayed AGAIN, Plus ‘Eternals’ Gets Pushed Back to Late 2021
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!