As we started to learn about the many modifications in place at Disney World when the parks and resorts reopen, one of the earliest changes we saw was the suspension of character meet and greets and the cancellation of most character dining experiences.
The one exception at the time was Topolino’s Terrace at Disney’s Riviera Resort, which is currently the only restaurant operating with a modified character experience. Now, we know of another restaurant in at Walt Disney World that will also offer a new way to interact with characters while you dine!
Garden Grill, the infamous rotating restaurant in The Land Pavilion in EPCOT, will also have a modified character dining experience!
The restaurant reopens with EPCOT on July 15th, and the update was recently spotted on Disney’s website that notes the modified character experience.
Exact details are not known at this time for what the new character experience may look like, but it may look similar to what was offered at Topolino’s Terrace. There, characters came out one at a time and walked by each table at a safe distance, allowing for long-distance selfies and the opportunity to wave at the characters. Then, all of the characters would come out together for a brief “parade” around the restaurant.
At Garden Grill, guests can typically say “hello” to Mickey, Chip, Dale, and Pluto! Mickey is dressed in an adorable farmer’s outfit. Food at Garden Grill is served family style, making for a great alternative for families looking for a character experience that isn’t a buffet, but still gives you that “all-you-care-to-eat” menu!
Other new character experiences will be around in the parks, including cavalcades throughout the day. We will provide updates as we learn more about what the character dining experience will look like at Garden Grill!
Have you ever dined at Garden Grill? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!