When Disney World announced that the reopening of their theme parks would take place on July 11th and July 15th, it was understood that many of the traditional park offerings would look a little different than they have in the past. Soon after that announcement was made, we learned that character meet-and-greets, as well as character dining, would be temporarily suspended.
In a recent update made to Disney’s website, it looks like we have a better idea of what we can expect when it comes to modified character experiences!
Disney’s update states, “Our Characters will still be in the parks to entertain and delight our Guests. Additionally, you’ll be able to experience many favorite attractions and dozens of entertainment offerings.”
The statement then goes on to say, “From special cavalcades down the Magic Kingdom park parade route and friends sailing the waterways of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park to processions along World Showcase promenade at EPCOT and motorcades on Hollywood Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, each area will come to life throughout the day. You never know when a party of your pals may come by, so be prepared for plenty of surprises!”
So it sounds like each of the four theme parks will have some sort of modified character encounter! Although we may not initially be able to snap a picture with Mickey or Donald in the way that we used to, we can at least look forward to the opportunity to wave and say “Hello!”
Who is your favorite character to say “hello” to when you visit Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World